Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

her wedding day is here.

Hi, all Spicy readers! It's Victoria from Marie Tea and just in case you didn't know, today is Jenna's wedding day! The day she's been planning for and dreaming of is finally here! I'm so honored to stand by her side as she says her vows and gives Noland her hand, while entrusting her heart to the care and protection of his, forever. Marrying the man of your dreams is a pretty amazing way to end one year and ring in the next {no pun intended}. Well, as one of Jenna's bestest friends, I have temporarily hijacked It's just called Spicy {with her permission, of course} to gush on the beautiful bride on the day she walks down the aisle.

Princess Jenna, it's YOUR day!

Sometime last month, during one of our usual weekly conversations, Jenna shared that with her wedding day quickly approaching, she found herself thinking back, flipping through the precious memories, filled with family and friends, that have helped lead her here. As a married lady, having worn those sentimental wedding preparation shoes before, I totally acknowledged that reflections of both the heart and mind are not only healthy and normal, pre-wedding, but they're just as necessary as they are precious, especially since the key to fully appreciating where you're going, is by first cherishing where you've been. And I cannot stress enough, how blessed and privileged I am to share our friendship and be one of the active observers that have helped you beautifully dance your way here.

While digging through old pictures, I was reminded of all our crazy shenanigans. I thought of how we used to drive all around college town, dressed really ridiculously, singing our favorite songs, feeling on top of the world. I remembered all of our midnight dance parties, all our silly-face photo booth sessions, all our movie nights accompanied by chocolate chip cookies, all our mornings when I'd wake you up for school by bribing you with chocolate chip pancakes, and all our countless moments of being there for the other, whether to mend a broken heart or simply cut the other's bangs.

Friendship is one of life's greatest, greatest blessings. Friends build us up when we're feeling down, give us a shoulder to cry on, show us a mirror to see ourselves through better light, and teach us how life and love is better when shared with another.

Last night at Jenna and Noland's rehearsal dinner, we watched a slideshow of pictures of the two lovebirds that captured the years before they found each other, along with snapshots of all the times since. As a fairly new mama, I thought I would instantly cry as soon as baby Jenna lit up the projection screen, but surprisingly enough, the tears began to flow at the first picture of the happy couple. It was then when it hit me, wow, this beautiful friend who has blessed me with her laughter, her smile, her secrets, and her love is getting married. The lifetime of joy she has dreamt of and talked about with all of her closest friends, is about to begin...and not only am I blessed to share in her happiness, but I am beyond excited to watch her marry her bestest friend of all.

Jenna and I have a friendship theme song...cheezy? Maybe. But it's Taylor Swift's, "I'm only me when I'm with you,"and as she walks down the aisle today, I know deep in my heart that Noland will take care of her, honor her, and bring out the best in her. Jenna, I hope you enjoy some of these silly snapshots of our crazy beautiful friendship, but know it's Noland's love that truly lights up your life.











All my love, Victoria

4 comments:

  1. What a great post! How exciting :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this is the sweetest post! Congrats on your big day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower! Congrats on getting married!

    ReplyDelete