Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Christmas Quiz

These are NEW stocking my mom got Noland & I from Pottery Barn! 
I don't have a tree up at my place yet because Noland's sister Kirsten is bringing it down tomorrow! 
Also, I'm cooking dinner as we speak and can't wait to share the recipe with you tomorrow... if it is tasty.
But, I've seen this Christmas Quiz going around so I decided to take it.. Get to know my Christmas side! Beware, I'm told that I can ramble at times.

CHRISTMAS QUIZ
Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog? 
Well it depends. I love Hot Chocolate when its cold outside, especially homemade on the stove top with Hershey's chocolate. I also really enjoy cold Barber's Egg Nog!

Colored lights on tree/house or white? 
I like white lights on the tree in the house and colored outside. I told Noland that when we get a house, he can do whatever he wants outside! haha.

Do you hang mistletoe? 
No, but i would love to in the future.

When do you put your decorations up? 
My mom always made me do it the day after Thanksgiving. When I have a family, I would like to do it on St. Nicholas Day, which is December 6. I think that St. Nicholas day is such a neat tradition and really want to start it.

What is your favorite holiday dish? 
We usually have ham at Christmas! Oh Gosh, so yummy! My mom also makes homemade Macaroni and Cheese Casserole from Southern Living magazine. It is amazing. If she makes it this year, I will have her take pictures and share the recipe!

Favorite Holiday memory as a child? 
Every year, my mom and brother would work out some way to surprise me. Like one year I got my first computer but I opened all my Christmas gifts and was kind of upset because I thought I didn't get it. My brother went into the guest room and grabbed a bag and came out and I thought for sure this would be my computer.. He walked out and my mom had bought me a Limited Too sleeping bag. I smiled and acted like I was okay but deep inside, I was disappointed because I told her all I wanted for Christmas was a computer and it didn't even have to be new.
So every year after we open all of our gifts, we play with them... especially if there are games and such. Afterwards my brother was like, "Hey you want to see what I got Ashley (his wife now)"? and I said, "Sure." So we walked in his room/guest room and there it was... He had revamped the old computer. It was slow but it worked and could get online. It was exactly what I wanted!
But most of all, every Christmas, I just love spending time with family! & lately, its been awesome to have Christmas with my nephews! They make it so much fun again!

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? 
Man, Santa is such a heart breaker. I think I found out in like 1st grade from an older kid that went to my after school program. I asked my mom and she told me that he was real and I forgot about the whole ordeal. Then I started thinking he wasn't real again around 4th or 5th grade and I think I found out around then. My mom totally cried & I must say that being the youngest, the year after I found out was not as much fun. 
I think my 4th grade year I knew the truth but I could not figure out how they got the presents under the tree. Every year we went to midnight mass (we're Catholic) & when we got back, the gifts would always be there. I was so confused. I didn't know if my mom left mass to put them under there. Years later, I learned that my brother (we're 10 years apart) would always "forget" his keys and have to run back in the house. I never even noticed.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? 
We don't do this anymore but when I was younger we would go to Midnight mass and Santa would come while we were at mass. So when we got home around 1:30am, we would open all of our gifts! No one can stay up that late any more. We go to an earlier mass on Christmas eve and wait until the morning. 

How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
 I don't really understand this question. Haha. I like it with white lights and ornaments & an angel at the top!

Snow! Love it or dread it? 
I have only seen snow about 5 times in my whole life and that's fine by me. Too cold and then it melts and you are all wet... so I'll stay in Florida!

Do you remember your favorite gift?
 Hmm. I don't know. As a kid,  I have no idea.. As a teen, probably the year I got my computer or cell phone!

What is your favorite holiday dessert? 
Christmas Cookies with ICING!

What is your favorite holiday tradition? 
All of them!
Watching Christmas movies
Drinking egg nog & hot chocolate
Looking at Christmas lights!
Looking at all the Christmas stuff at stores!
Listening to Christmas music
Baking
Giving gifts! Shopping for the gifts to give!


Candy Canes: Yum or Yuck?
 Yuck! but I do like the Starburst or the fruity ones.

Favorite Christmas movie?
 I love them all. Charlie Brown Christmas is a classic.
This year, I've already watched ELF twice.
Its a Wonderful Life is a must.
and I love the clay-mation old Rudolph, Santa Clause is comin to Town... etc.
Oh and I watched the new ABC Family movie, 12 dates of Christmas. That was cute too.. but it doesn't make the favorites but it was good.

What is your favorite Christmas song? 
Noland was asking me this the other day. I don't know.
His favorite is The Little Drummer Boy.
 Pa-rump pa pum pum. 
I like Mary, Did you know? & What Child is this.
I don't know-- they are all so good!

Thats all for now! Stop by tomorrow for an amazing Recipe! :)
xoxo Jen.
PS. Sorry there are spaces in some place and not in others. Blogger was not cooperating with me!

1 comment:

  1. very cute, dear friend!!!!!
    learning the truth about santa is truly a heart-breaker.....
    such a sad, sad time.

    only a few more days to go before you become a Mrs!!!!
    so excited for you!

    xo.
    chelsea

    ReplyDelete