Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Love ♥ & The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!

Hey there! & Happy Thursday. I'm especially excited because tomorrow is my last day of grad school for the semester and today marks 30 days from my wedding! I can't wait to marry the man of my dreams...
Anywho, you will have to stay tuned for wedding details. I'm sure I'll share a whole week of DIY projects and planning tips after the fact.. but for today I'm sharing my favorite chocolate chip cookies recipe!

So I got this recipe from my mom's old stash. It says it is the Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe but the story that goes along with it is an old wise tale according to Google. Also I looked up the current Neiman-Marcus recipe on their website and it is not the same as this one but seriously...These (as in this recipe) are the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made/eaten... so here's the story that goes along with the recipe:

     "A friend of a friend had lunch at Neiman-Marcus in Dallas and for desert had a cookie. She thought it was on of the best cookies she had ever eaten and asked if the recipe was available. 
She was told that it was, but there was a charge of two-fifty. She said i would like to buy it and to please put it on her account. 
     A month later when she received her bill, there a charge of $250.00. She called Neiman's and told them it was a mistake- the charge should be for $2.50. She was told there was NO MISTAKE-- that was the charge for the recipe and it was correct. She asked if she could return it and was told it was not a returnable item. She would have to pay the item or become delinquent. The bottom line, SHE PAID.
     She vowed to get back with the huge store and wants to get the recipe in as many hands as possible. She asks that everyone gets a copy to send it to another person."
So HERE IT IS: 
Neiman's $250.00 Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe Makes 56 cookies. If you need more, double it.
Ingredients: 
1 cup of Butter
1 cup of Granulated Sugar
1 cup of Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
2 cups of Flour
2 and 1/2 cups of blended oatmeal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
12oz package of chocolate chips
4 oz Hershey bar grated
(can add 1 and 1/2 cups of chopped nuts)

*I left out the nuts 'cause I don't like them.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Cream butter and Both Sugars.
Add Eggs and Vanilla

Mix together with Flour, Oatmeal, Salt, Baking powder and Baking soda.
It is helpful if you add a little bit of dry ingredients at a time, stir well, and then add the rest of the dry ingredients..

Add Chips and Candy (and nuts). 
Roll into Balls and place two inches apart
Bake for 6-8 minutes at 375 degrees.
& There you have it.. They were yummy.
And here's my little nephew who cheered me on while making them...
He said, "Aunt Jenna, Don't eat all the cookies!"
Isn't he just precious.. He's the one who named my blog.. "its just called spicy" are his famous words. But that's another story.. Read the story here.
Anyways, if you don't like oatmeal, its OK, I don't either but I love these cookies! So yummy.. now go make some! & That's all for today!
xoxo Jen.

5 comments:

  1. He is adorable. And they sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nephew is adorable!! And those cookies look delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww you're adorable!
    Congrats on grad school, and marriage coming up!! YAAY!
    And what a perfect celebration...COOKIES!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh YUM! Those cookies look amazing! You two are so cute...congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! I'm your newest follower...would love it if you'd check out ours too!
    funwiththefullwoods@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete