Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Saturday Christmas Fun

Today I planned a Christmas Saturday for Noland and I. We relaxed throughout most of the morning but after lunch we went to Robert's Christmas Wonderland in Clearwater, FL. It was pretty magical. I would highly recommend going there if you ever visit the Tampa area. I was the creepy blogger girl who kept taking pictures in the store because I wanted to share the experience with you..yes.
They had a ton of figurines and funky creatures such as these Zim elves..
and villages too.. but I didn't get many pics of those.
These are some yard display figures for sale.
Yes, there was this crazy lighted path as you walked between the two rooms. It looked cooler in person.
Here we are trying on some crazy glasses they had for sale... Noland is Irish- so he tried on the shamrocks..
Also, Noley got a haircut. he's looking like a lil hottie huh? I know, I'm blessed.
I couldn't even capture this on picture. but they had icicle lights hanging from the ceiling. it was like a winter wonderland in this room.
They had every kind of tree you could think of from a Buccaneers tree to Asian tree to an Irish tree, Disney Tree, Beach tree, Palm tree decorated.. It was just simply awesome! 
& Santa was there.. or should I say.. many Santas.
& my personal favorite.. the Nativity scenes
i loveee this.
& this was beautiful too.. 
In the midst of all the Christmas shopping today, it was awesome that I kept being reminded that
"Jesus is the reason for the season" 
After we went to the Christmas store.. Noland & I went to Reconciliation (We're Catholic) & then mass. It was awesome... Our priest told us that in all the hustle and bustle of this season or even just life sometimes its good to stop and be thankful for every interaction and reminder of Christ in our daily lives.. 
After church, Noland & I went down to Pier 60, they were showing the Grinch for free on the beach on one of those inflatable screens. Then we went Christmas light looking on the way back to my place.. 
One of the houses we saw was awesome, it has a beautiful nativity scene and:
None of the other Christmas lights pictures tuned out.. sorry, I need a new camera! :]
but I just thought it was beautiful. I love all the Santa and reindeer and other representations of Christmas but most of all, it is good to stop and prepare our hearts for the coming of Christ at Christmas.
& don't be a Grinch ;) [watched the Grinch today so I just thought I should say that] 
Let me know you stopped by & Thanks!
xoxo Jen.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun, Jenna! :)

    Love all the LIGHTS!!!!
    I love Christmas! :)

    xo. chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to stop there this season- looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete