Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Guest Post Palooza: Contemplating Beauty

Today, I have Gina from Contemplating Beauty sharing some perspective on the New Year!! 
Be sure to show her some love and check out her blog!
---------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone, I am Gina and I blog over at Contemplating Beauty! You can find my blog here, I hope you come by! I am so thrilled and humbled that Jenna is having me as a guest post, yay, thank you Jenna!

I started to blog because I love to share things. I love to share thoughts and perspectives through writing, and I've learned through the process that it's really that I love to connect. I love the connection with people. I have always been super relational and intentional with the way I live and love others, and that is something I wanted to talk about today!

As we approach the New Year there is always so much talk of course about New Year's resolutions.
It's everywhere, and I'm sure it will be all over in the blog world too. I wanted to share a little bit about how I feel about New Year's resolutions. I'm not a big fan.
I'm not trying to be a debbie downer here, but here is how I like to think of it:

Why not approach everyday as a resolution? The definition of a resolution is to resolve something; a course of action. Isn't that something we should be doing on a weekly basis with our lives? Even a daily basis? A resolution is not a once a year thing, it's a continual process, a refining process.

Why look at it only as we approach the New Year? I don't make New Year's resolutions because I make daily and weekly ones.

I dig deep and seek out how and what needs to change in my life with intention every day. I cling closely to God to find out what doesn't align with Him, and what attributes and habits I could rid myself of. This is not a yearly thing.
So how bout, "What is your weekly resolution?" Ya, I like the sound of that!

Thank you for reading and I hope to hear from you and see you over at my blog.
I still think it's good to have "New Year's resolutions" I just wanted to give a different perspective on the whole approach. I am open to ideas and thoughts!

When I'm not blogging you can find me snuggling with my dog, reading a good Henri Nouwen book, writing, sipping cappuccino's, cooking dinner for my family, walking my bichon-poo, organizing my teenage daughter's hectic schedule, or going to Physical Therapy. I look forward to getting to know you and hearing from you!


1 comment:

  1. Gina is so inspiring! I love this "weekly resolution" thing....so true and so important! :)

    ReplyDelete