Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Guest Post Palooza: A Geek In Glasses

Today, we have Steph from A Geek in A Geek In Glasses. She's got a yummy treat to share: Rot your teeth Fudge! Check it out and go check out her blog too! 
---------------------------------------------------
I'm very excited to be guest blogging for Jenna! I wish her all the best!! Can't wait to see the pictures! My name is Steph and I'm guest blogging from A Geek In Glasses. I'm sharing my recipe for
Rot Your Teeth Fudge
Rotteethfudge-17
I am by no means a health nut - or fruit- or bar for that matter.  The most exercise I get is chasing the dog who has just stolen the package of cookies. As much as I want to be a granola lovin' momma, I'm not. I love the sweets, the candy and cookies. I love this time of year, it starts with Halloween with all those goodies, then onto Thanksgiving with a gluttonous day of pies and breads. Then comes an entire month of celebration with Christmas cookies, cakes, pies and drinks. Party after party, taking us right into the New Year.  - LOVE IT!

I want to share with you my Rot Your Teeth Chocolate Fudge. It's a way to bring all your candy shop favorites into one yummy bite.
First figure out which candies you want in your fudge. The base of my candy is Heath Bars. I love the toffee. I'm also adding chopped up Rolos, Kit Kat, Whoppers and 3 Musketeers with pretzels for a topping.
Rotteethfudge
You need :
1 can of Condensed Milk (14 oz.)
1 Bag of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 Cup of Candy for inside
1/2 Cup of Toppings

My first attempt at this was a disaster....

--- BACKSTORY ----
I was melting the semi sweet chips in the condensed milk over low heat. While that was melting I was breaking up the candy bars. I had a whole bag of mini Heath Bars and was using a hammer to bust them up. It was taking forever and I was moving back and forth from the stove to the counter. Stirring and busting, stirring and busting. The mixture was ready for the candy and without any hesitation I dumped the busted candy bits in, stirred again and quickly dumped the fudge into the parchment lined pan.  I was trying to scrap the bowl with the spatula and something was terribly wrong. I pulled out the spatula and the rubber scrapper part was gone, melted into the fudge!!! Are you kidding me? All I could say was, "OH FUUUDGE!" if you know what I mean. The whole batch of rubber infused candy, the spatula, pot and anything else in a two step radius was tossed into the rubbish in anger.  SO, the moral of the story is:  Even if the most complex thing ever made in the kitchen is a box of Mac-n-Cheese make sure you have good kitchen utensils, spatulas that don't melt and good bamboo spoons.
Now back to this tasty goodness.
After this tragedy I also recommend busting up any candy bars prior to placing anything on the heat. That way your full attention will be with the melting.
Rotteethfudge-3
Start by gathering your candy. Chop or bust up enough for 1 Cup. Then chose topping, I used more toffee chips and pretzels.
Rotteethfudge-5
This would be a good place for M&M's, so the color does not melt off in the heat. Measure 1/2 Cup of toppings. Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment  paper, making sure to have overhang.
Rotteethfudge-6
Then dump the 1/2 Cup of toppings in the pan and cover the bottom.
Rotteethfudge-8
In a pan melt the condensed milk and chocolate chips together on low heat.
Rotteethfudge-10
Stir them gently until smooth.
Rotteethfudge-12
Quickly add in the 1 Cup of candy bits and stir well, making sure the pieces are coated.
Rotteethfudge-14
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it to the edges.
Rotteethfudge-15
Refrigerate for an hour. When set, flip the pan over on to a cutting board. Remove parchment to reveal the wonderful candy topped fudge. Cut as desired and store.
Rotteethfudge-16
Don't forget to brush your teeth after this one - it's a shoe in for causing cavities with all it's sugary goodness. Hope you enjoy the fudge!
Rotteethfudge-18
Steph is blogging at A Geek In Glasses. She is a multi-talented wife and mother, living vintage on a tiny farm in Central Pa. Visit her and her family's adventures as retro pirate farmers - photographing and crafting while dancing an Irish Jig.

No comments:

Post a Comment