Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Guest Post Palooza: Keeping up with the Cantelmo's

Hey Everyone! Welcome to Guest Post Palooza Day 3! I'm headed to Tallahassee today to prepare for the wedding on Saturday and am no where near a computer.. Today, I have an awesome guest: Melanie from Keeping up with the Cantelmo's.. Take it away girl! (: 
---------------------------------------------------
 Hi there! My name is Melanie and I am so thankful Jenna asked me to guest post while she is away getting MARRIED!!!! YAY! I {love} weddings and all things to do with weddings. Jenna, I can not wait to hear about your special day. Enjoy it!
I started blogging to update family about my kids and husband. Soon I realized that I could use my blog to bless and encourage other men and women. God laid it on my heart to share my story and how God has redeemed me. I had two children before I married my husband. It was not ideal and not what I planned. Even though I made mistakes and turned away from God. God continued to pursue me and show me how much He loved me.
Currently our family is going through a challenging season due to my husband losing his job this past June. God is carrying us through this difficult time and blessing us during this storm. He is so good.
Today, I want to share with you a piece of my favorite post I wrote about marriage. Sometimes I get so busy with life, that I forget about saying "I do" to my husband every single day. I hope this encourages you to do the same!

{source}
I believe everyday we need to make a choice
 to love our spouse.
Ever day we need to say "I do"
It’s not easy, but it’s so worth it!

Today I am choosing to say I do:
When it isn’t easy
When the kids are whiny
When everyone is sick
When the house is the mess
When I didn’t get much sleep
When you didn’t get much sleep
When you have to work a whole lot
When you need a cheerleader not a nag
When the day doesn’t go the way I thought it would
When you run errands you don’t want to run for me
When you need extra love because you had a hard day
When we don't have any money to pay our bills and we are worried about the future
When I need to tell you that you are a wonderful husband and a great dad
When I find out things about you that I never thought I'd ever find out
When I need to extend to you the grace that you extend to me
When I believe in you more than you believe in yourself
When I need to be covering you in prayer all day long
When you need me to give you my whole heart
When you need extra hugs and cuddles
When you need love after a long day
I am sure there are many more ways 
I can show my husband that 
I am saying "I do" to him every day.
Sometimes I get so busy that I forget about the 
man I said "I do" to
It's important for me to remind him how thankful I am for him, how much I love him and what a wonderful guy he is
How do you say “I do” everyday?

Thank you Jenna for having me.
I pray that you can remember to say "I do"
in the good times and the hard times!

Love, 

1 comment:

  1. Melanie is one of the sweetest ladies! :) Such a sweet wife and mama!

    ReplyDelete