Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

No Bake Cookies - My Epic Fail

+ Yesterday was a busy day for me.. I stained some furniture, I'll share later. 
+ And last night, I tried to make a new meatball recipe but it was an EPIC FAIL and did not look or taste good.. + On top of that, I've misplaced my camera. I can not find it anywhere... 
+ So, I decided to make NO BAKE COOKIES..  
my mom used to always make them around the holidays. so yummy. 
+ Well I had a second EPIC FAIL. I will share the recipe though and you can try.. I'm going to have to have her show me cause apparently I can not follow directions! I mean they kinda came out..

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter
2 cups of sugar
3 tablespoons of cocoa
1/2 cup of milk
3 cups of oatmeal
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup of peanut butter.

Directions:
Melt the butter, Add sugar, cocoa and milk. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes. [Do NOT boil for more than 5 minutes or less than 3 minutes].
Then when it starts to thicken. take off the heat, add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal.. Mix well. Place on Wax paper to set.
They should look like this:
mine definitely did not look anything like this.. 
I threw out the first batch and made a second batch.. but I only had 1 cup of sugar left.. ruined that batch too. 
Hopefully you will have more luck! 
Have you ever had an EPIC FAIL on a recipe or craft you wanted to share on your blog? 
Let me know! :)

+on a totally different note, a while ago, Noland & I went to look at Christmas lights and I stole a picture or two off of his phone. This one house we saw was amazing..
Like Clark Griswald AMAZING! 
The second picture didn't turn out as well.. but it was amazing! 
Hopefully, I'll find my camera soon & can share some Christmas goodies with you!
Thanks for stoppin by: 
xoxo Jen.
PS. 18 days til my wedding!
& Linking up here:

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like every baking attempt I've had... :/ Haha! Ok, not really... but it happens! Chin up buttercup, you'll get 'em next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom used to make these too!
    I wonder why yours failed? was it a really humid day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. For what it is worth, you have to be careful what kind of weather you make these in, soooo, it may not have been your fault :)
    You also have to boil them for a certain amount of time, or they will not form, they will just be icky, and runny. My recipe says boil for 4 minutes, and you do have to do it! I'm making a batch today, want me to send you some? Lol, I would if I could. Found you at Not Just a Housewife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha!
    this made me laugh.

    i'm a horrible baker....
    i'm a horrible cook....
    i can't even boil noodles right!

    so don't feel bad!
    you are not alone! :)

    xo. chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry your cookies didn't turn out, I'm in the process of re-doing all of my neighbor gifts that also didn't turn out. :( Here's the funny thing, this is the exact recipe that I use, but my directions say to boil it for 30 seconds. I don't even boil it for that long or they are grainy and fall apart. I think it was the directions on the recipe that might be off. If you try them again, as soon as the sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa comes to a full boil, take the pan off of the heat, turn the burner off and add the vanilla and peanut butter, stir, and then add the oatmeal. Put the pan back on the burner (it should be off) and let it sit until the chocolate is set up enough to spoon into cookies about 3 minutes or so. When it sits, it softens the oatmeal and makes the cookies taste so good. Good luck on your next batch! :)

    ReplyDelete