Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Make-Ahead Unstuffed Shells

This is good. I'm glad this was successful. So last night for dinner I made Unstuffed Shells! 
I got the recipe from Food & Family Magazine! 

Ingredients:
4 cups of medium pasta shells, uncooked
1 lb extra-lean ground beef
1 can of tomato sauce
1 can of tomato paste
1 tub (10oz) Philadelphia Cooking Creme
1/3 cup of fresh basil (I didn't add this, but you can)
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Directions:
1. Brown the meat in a skillet
2. In the mean time, in a separate pan, bring water to a boil, add pasta. Boil until cooked.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
3. When the meat is brown and ready to go, add one can of tomato sauce and one can of tomato paste. I would use the regular size can even though I used the smaller cans.
4. Also add a cup of water.
5. Mix that up well until you have your meat sauce. 
6. When the pasta is cooked, strain it.
7. Place it back in the pot and add 1 tub of Philadelphia Original Cooking Creme and 1/4 cup of grated cheese.
8. Layer this in a 13x9-in casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray. 
Spread half meat sauce in the bottom, then all of the pasta mixture, the remaining meat sauce. 
9. Sprinkle with Mozzarella Cheese
10. The great thing is if you make this ahead of time, you can refrigerate it for 24 hours before cooking. 
11. Cover with foil, and bake for 40-45 minutes or until heated through, uncovering after 30 minutes.
12. Serve yummy goodness!
I guess this is kind of like a baked Ziti/Lasagna type of dish. But it was so good! 
Now, go make some! Yum!
Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo Jen.
Linkin Up

5 comments:

  1. Oh that looks seriously tasty. I have a weakness for good pasta. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm! This looks amazing. Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this looks like a fabulous winter hearty casserole! I'd love if you came and shared your fab link at the Head to Head Showdown, going on right now at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo! Thanks for linking up! ~Jen @ www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my hubby would love those! I will have to try to cook them!! I can already tell you're going to make a beautiful wife!

    ReplyDelete