Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Pinterest Copy Cat: Christmas Cookies

Don't these cookies look soo yummy?! 
Well I found them on Pinterest, but here is the original site...
So here are the ones that I made: 
I made them green for Christmas.. but Noland said they looked more like St. Patrick's Day Cookies...
And here is the Recipe:

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons brandy, or milk (I prefer milk, surprisingly enough)
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions
1. Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer, mix until light & fluffy. 
2. Add egg, milk and vanilla; mix well until combined.
3. With the mixer on low, slowly add flour, salt and baking powder. Mix until just combined. 
4. Here is where you make the swirl cookies.. Refer to Prudent Baby for directions! She tells you how to do it with the wax paper and all.. 
After the dough it all rolled up with sprinkles...
5. Wrap in plastic wrap
6. Then Chill for 1 hour. 
7. After its chilled, Bring it out, unwrap it and cut about 3/4 inch cookies:
 8. Place then in the pan about an inch or two apart.
9. Preheat the oven for 350.
10. Then bake for about 10-12 minutes and they are done!
And that's all! They are so yummy. Mine do not look as scrumptious as Prudent Baby and next time, I think I would make the white part of the dough red.. so its red and green looking less St. Pattys Day! :) 
That's all I have for today! Thanks for stoppin' by:
xoxo Jen.
PS. Don't forget: Guest Post Palooza Starts December 26,2011. 
Email me for more info! I'm willing to go 2 posts a day! 
Double PS. I think  I may get a Twitter... Opinions? Would you follow me?

Linking Up:

3 comments:

  1. These cookies are so cute! Your blog is great, I'm glad I found it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look yummy! Now I want cookies :) And you should definately get a twitter - I would "follow" you!

    ReplyDelete