Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Guest Post Palooza: Originally Me

Hey Everyone! Today we have Lindsay from Originally Me! Take it away girlie!
---------------------------------------------------
Hi there sweet readers of it's just called spicy!  I'm so happy to be here today on Jenna's blog!  I hope she doesn't mind me taking over for a bit while she's off getting hitched :)  

So, this is me!

I'm Lindsay.  And I blog over at Originally Me.  I also run a fun little eclectic shop by the same name.
I love being a little artsy fartsy.  Design is my passion.  I'm currently in school to get my Masters in architecture.  I always see the glass half full.  I'm just a happy go lucky girl.  I have big dreams and I'm a go getter!

Ok, enough about me... now on to what I want to share with you...

So I love to cook and I love to eat, but let's just say I'm not the most coordinated in the kitchen.  I have the bad habit of dirtying every dish in the kitchen when I attempt to cook and somehow I manage to burn the easiest things.

Ok, so now that we cleared that up, you know this is going to be a pretty simple recipe and when I say simple I mean your 4 year old could probably make it.

I'm going to teach you how to make one of my favorite desserts... HELLO SWEET TOOTH! My mom's homemade (or almost homemade) Oreo ice cream!
Only 3 ingredients are involved
.. 1 package of oreos
.. 1 16oz container of Cool Whip
.. 1 1.5 quart of vanilla ice cream
step 1 : Dump Cool Whip and ice Cream in a large bowl and let it melt enough to be able to stir it together.
step 2 : Chop entire package (minus the few that you happen to eat) of Oreos.  I have this magic chopper (that you can see in the pictures) that every woman in my family owns.  It makes life so much easier, but you could also just put them in a ziploc back and crunch them up... whatever works
step 3 : Once Cool Whip and ice cream is melty enough, stir it together until it is a consistant mixture.
step 4 : Mix in Oreos
step 5 : Pour into a container
step 6 : Put into the freezer and refreeze ... make sure that you make ahead because it does take some time to refreeze.
Enjoy!!! mmmm It's making me hungry just thinking about it! It may seem simple, but I'm going to tell you, it's probably the best Oreo ice cream you'll ever eat.  It's just sooo creamy and yummy

And while you're enjoying your ice cream, I'd LOVE love love for you to stop, by my blog, shop, twitter or facebook and just say hi!! It would definitely put a smile on my face!

p.s. If you're obsessed with Oreos, I also shared a recipe for Cookies and Cream Cupcakes on my blog a while ago.  You can find it here!

1 comment: