Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Movie Monday: The Avengers

I am so excited for this Review!
The Avengers
This movie was awesome! We went on Friday around 4:30pm to beat the crowds! Well maybe you didn't grow up watching these crazy super heroes.. the way my husband did. But I bet you've heard of them: Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Hawk Eye, & Black Widow! Well here is the trailer: 
I thought it would be nice if you had a male's opinion on the movie... here's what my amazing husband had to say: 
The Avengers was a brilliant movie. It is now my favorite superhero movie and that is saying something. I convinced Jenna that we should have many superhero movies and that would probably be our number 1 movie genre besides maybe Disney movies. I guess technically marvel movies are Disney movies so they dominate our movie list.
Anyways, this movie was great and has everything we look for in a movie. It had an incredibly well developed storyline and each Avenger played very well off of each other. I thought Cap and Iron Man fit the best together and I loved some of their back and forth. Marvel could not have had a better pick for those two that I can think of. Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans are amazing as Iron Man and Captain America respectively.
 It was cool how Coulson loved Cap too. Captain America is my all-time favorite superhero so I was glad to see someone share my fandom. This movie did a fantastic job with the Hulk as well. Hulk was used perfectly in this film and it really helped bring the movie along.
 I also thought Loki was the best developed villain of the Marvel movies thus far. It seems like they might do even better with the next Avengers movie given the teaser scene during the credits. I won’t give it away, but I recommend seeing it if you are a fan of Marvel Comics and what they do.
Negatives: The only thing I didn't really like was how they used Hawkeye. I think he could have been developed a little better because he didn't have his own movie and was used the least in previous movies. Thought they could have done a better job with him.
 It would have been nice to see the Black Panther in this movie as well. He is my second favorite avenger so that would have been cool. Maybe next time. There was one other part I disliked when Loki killed somebody, but I don’t want to give it away for those that haven’t seen yet. You should see it soon though; Jenna and I will probably go again very soon...

Thanks hubs! The only things I have to add: The special effects were awesome! We saw it in 3D and I feel like if you like action movies, you will love it either way! It also had a lot of humorous parts! We really enjoyed it! I hope you will share your opinion if you saw it! 

That's all for this Movie Monday! Thanks for stoppin by!
xoxo Jen.

1 comment:

  1. Captain America is my favorite Avenger, too. Batman still wins favorite superhero but I love that CA has this interesting backstory fighting Nazis. My husband and I loved the movie - I think he wants to go again.

    ReplyDelete