Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Easy Calzone Recipe

One of my favorite things to make is Pizza. My husband loves Hawaiian Pizza and I've shared the easy recipe before here. But the other night I was thinking about something different but similar to pizza to make that's easy. I like to mix it up every now and then.. so I thought, I'll make calzones. 
As simple as pizza and as Yummy. 
So here they are.. topped with some oil and parm cheese. The inside is hawaiian cheese with cheese and pineapple.. Here's how to:

Ingredients: 
Chunk pineapple, Ragu Pizza Quick, Pillsbury Pizza Crust and Mozzarella cheese.

Easy & Quick Directions: 
1. Open your pizza dough and stretch it out. I cut mine in half to have to sections of dough to make 2 different calzones. These were huge so you could probably cut them in half again and make 4 total calzones:

2. I added some Pizza Quick sauce:

3. Then I added toppings. Mine I just put mozzarella cheese.. and Noland's, I added pineapple and cheese:

4. Then I folded then in half from top to bottom and made sure to close up all the ends.. 
so it all stays in while baking:

5. Then put them in the oven to bake. Bake according to the pizza crust directions. Then add about 5 minutes depending on golden brown color. I like to bake it on my pizza pan that has air holes.. It really lets the pizza/calzone cook all the way through.

6. When done, it will be golden brown and beautiful: 
One of mine leaked a little sauce on the right.. 
After they were done, I topped with some light melted butter and Parmesan cheese.. but they are yummy even without any topping... Cut it open and eat some cheesy goodness.
Hope you make some of these cause they were super easy dinner and delicious! I'd love to hear your thoughts! That's all for today!
Thanks for stoppin' by: 
xoxo Jen.

No comments:

Post a Comment