Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Do Good Anyway

Hey Everyone. Its been awhile since I've really just sat down and wrote a post from the heart. I'm not the best writer and so many times I struggle to my thoughts in to words. Let's just say I'll never write a novel. I do enjoy posting on this little blog of mine from time to time about faith,  life experiences, and  other fun things. 

 I love people, groups and socialization but do you ever go into a crowd and feel so annoyed? This has been an experience of mine lately. Here is an example, we went to the pool at our apartment complex on Memorial day to enjoy some swim time. Not even 10 minutes into our visit, another couple entered the gate smoking their cigarettes. Now, if you are a smoker, I'm not trying to offend... that is fine but please smoke in your home or in a designated place, not in public places/groups of people (i.e. at a movies in the park, another experience)... To be fair, there are NO "no smoking" signs at the pool but anyways. The hubs has bad allergies and (as you know) I'm pregnant so we can't be and choose not to be around smoke. As soon as the couple parked their towels right next to ours, they continued to puff puff puff. The pool area is not a large area so you can basically smell it everywhere you are. It's not like I think I am going to die from second-hand smoke but it is a bit rude. Annoyed, my sweet husband looked at me and said, "Let's just go home." We climbed out of the pool, picked up our towels and walked back to the apartment... trying to think of something else to do to make Noland's extra day off a fun day.

Do you ever have those days so easy to let stupid things get you down. For Noland & I, the smokers at the pool pretty much ruined the plans for our day. Luckily, I married the most positive caring person alive and he is really good at coping with difficult situations as well as quickly thinking of other fun ideas. It ended up raining so we had a 2 patriotic movies marathon, played some board games then went to the mall to window shop/get some exercise via walking. We may have stopped at the Cookie Co. too...

I have this "Inspiration For Living" quote from Mother Teresa that hangs in my kitchen. Lately, I find myself reading it everyday. Not that I'm perfect but it just helps one put things in perspective. Here's what it says:

People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; 
Be kind anyway

If you are successful, you will win some false friends, and some true enemies;
Be successful anyway

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight, 
Build it anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, others may be jealous; 
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget it tomorrow; 
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. 
Give the world your best anyways.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. 
It was never between you and them anyway.
-Mother Teresa

This little poem speaks so much truth. Sometimes things in life don't go as planned like our day at the pool. It is OK. You just have to get up and keep going. Choose to be happy and you will be happy. Choose to make your day fun and it will be. My husband is really good at living by this poem... I don't know if he realizes it. He always chooses to do what is right regardless of the extra work it requires or regardless of those who are unhappy because they wish he did the wrong thing. He is fair, loving and forgiving.. and I am blessed. 

So when life gets you down, just remember this poem. 
It's not about others, its about you and being the best you can be for our creator.
So this may have not been the most eloquent of posts but Do Good Anyway

That's all for today,
xoxo Jen.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your day turned out pretty good anyway! Too bad those people at the pool were rude and inconsiderate, but glad that you got to end the day having fun another way. :)

    ReplyDelete