Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Movie Monday: Act of Valor

Happy Memorial Day!
My wonderful husband wrote this review today. I'm so thankful! So here he goes: 
Today we decided to review the most recent military movie because it is Memorial Day. The big draw to this movie and main reason we went is that it starred active duty military personnel. This movie actually portrayed our heroes as heroes!
We actually really liked this movie. Do not listen to the critics. In fact, this movie shows exactly why we do not like most critics. This movie showed our military for what they are, true unselfish heroes. Is that why the critics hated it? It showed Americans as good people which for me is a true refreshing story. I personally am not a big fan of these movies that try to paint Americans as evil.
Here is the preview:
Look, this is just a patriotic movie. It is low budget, does not have real actors, but has active duty personnel as the main characters in the film. Most critics say the acting is bad and perhaps it is, but these are the real life people. Also Hollywood actors didn't make money from this movie, but the military did. What an easy way to support the military with this movie.
The action scenes were really good in this movie. As a guy, I thought this movie had tremendous action. This type of movie is my favorite movie just like most guys. I loved the fast pace action. I loved the patriotism. I could sacrifice the acting because I realized that these weren't real actors. Once again, I would personally prefer to see a true hero than an actor anyway. Finally, I will put it this way, if you like Jarhead, you probably won't like this movie, but if you prefer action movies that actually portray our country positively than you will love it.
-----
It's Jenna again... I loved this movie. Like the hubs said, for guys it had all the action and a great story-line. I must say for us girls, it had the heart, the love, the passion between husband and wife and the difficulty when one's husband leaves to go fight for our country. As we left the theater, I told Noland that it takes such a special type of person to be able to sacrifice their husband's time and life on a daily basis. I'm so thankful for all those who fight for our country, our protection and our freedom! I am appalled by the negative reviews this movie received. This movie was fantastic. If you've got a love for patriotism, I would say this is a great movie to watch... We will be purchasing this one for the movie collection. Let me know if you've seen it or watch it. As always, I'd love to hear your opinions.
That's all for today! Thanks for stoppin by, 
xoxo Jen.

1 comment:

  1. Looking for blog hops and I came across your cute little blog. New follower. Love for you to follow back. Also I would love to do a button swap. My email is julie_marling@yahoo.com. I couldn't find your email. It's my computer. Sorry!

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete