Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Glazed Baby Carrots

"Hey Sweet baby! What's for dinner?" my sweet husband asks as he walks through the door.
my response, "chicken, mashed taters, and carrots!"
"How much longer 'til it's ready? I'm starvin'" 
"Umm... 20 minutes?"

This is our usual pre-dinner conversation. 
Tonight, I found some carrots in the fridge and decided to make my own version of glazed baby carrots!
I knew I was making chicken and potatoes so I quickly googled glazed baby carrots and found this great recipe. Here is the source
& here is the recipe:

Gather your ingredients:
16 ounces of baby carrots
2 tablespoons of butter
1/3 cup of brown sugar, packed
1 cup of water
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan. Stir to blend.
Bring to boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to medium and continue boiling.
It says uncovered but I like my carrots more tender so I covered mine for about 10 mins.
Continue to boil for 20-25 minutes, carrots are tender and liquid is evaporated!
Sooo good
And serve them with your dinner! Yum!
I love carrots.
Go make these and let me know what you think!
Thanks for stoppin' by
xoxo Jen.
Linking Up:

5 comments:

  1. That looks so good!!!

    ~MiaB
    www.mamamiasheart2heart.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm I LOVED glazed carrots! I am pinning this - thanks for sharing!! Thanks so much for linking up to Make Yourself Monday! :o)

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried making this as a side dish for Christmas..I loved the bright color...lets just say I didn't make them since...I will try your recipe this time.
    I am your newest follower...pls follow back if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know that you've been featured this week on Make Yourself Monday for your yummy carrots! Thanks for playing!!

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete