Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

In the silence...

Hey guys and gals! Sorry I've been M.I.A. since last Wednesday! I started an internship working 20 hours a week and I have 5 grad classes.. so I'm busy about 40 hours a week now.. Arrrghh. but hopefully the blog won't be put on the back burner-- I just have to get organized but I wanted to share a few things tonight with you all that is abnormal from a normal craft, DIY or recipe post...

First, I got a new sponsor! Her blog is so cute and she has been so patient with me because I was supposed to put her adorable ad up a while ago! Aunie Sauce (previously Simply Aunie)
Go check out her blog here and send her some Spicy Love!
------------------------------------------------------------
Ok so now for not normal post. I just wanted to share something today that has been applied to my life lately and came up at church today...I share this out of my life and love for Christ. I do not want to push my views on anyone but I will be sharing Christian ramblings from time to time because I am a follower of Christ. Just wanted to let everyone know just in case.. but anyways,
Today in church, our first reading was from 1Samuel 3:3b-10, 19

Samuel was sleeping in the temple of the LORD
where the ark of God was.
The LORD called to Samuel, who answered, "Here I am."
Samuel ran to Eli and said, "Here I am. You called me."
"I did not call you, " Eli said. "Go back to sleep."
So he went back to sleep.
Again the LORD called Samuel, who rose and went to Eli.
"Here I am, " he said. "You called me."
But Eli answered, "I did not call you, my son. Go back to sleep."

At that time Samuel was not familiar with the LORD,
because the LORD had not revealed anything to him as yet.
The LORD called Samuel again, for the third time.
Getting up and going to Eli, he said, "Here I am. You called me."
Then Eli understood that the LORD was calling the youth.
So he said to Samuel, "Go to sleep, and if you are called, reply,
Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening."
When Samuel went to sleep in his place,
the LORD came and revealed his presence,
calling out as before, "Samuel, Samuel!"
Samuel answered, "Speak, for your servant is listening."

Samuel grew up, and the LORD was with him,
not permitting any word of his to be without effect.

Lately, with the start of my internship, Grad school classes and married life -- I've been forgetting to be quiet. Sometime we all just need to shut up and spend some time in the quiet.
Whether you are a Christian or not, you probably feel this way.
In the silence and in the stillness is where you can catch your breath to deal with life
this joyful, 
sorrowful,
exciting, 
busy
unorganized,
chaotic,
happy, and
beautiful
life.

So I've realized that today and everyday, I need to take 5 minutes to reflect and let the Lord come to me in the silence. There is an old praise and worship song that goes: 
"in the stillness, you are there"
ok well I stayed up way later then planned tonight! I love you all and thanks for everyone's support! I love blogging and can't wait to see you all tomorrow & announce the winner to the giveaway! :)
Thanks for stoppin by,
xoxo Jen.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo true. I keep trying to tell myself this and I keep ignoring myself. Last Sunday I actually took the day to de-technologize my day, but this Sunday I was back to my old tricks again. It really was nice having at least one day a week to just rest and focus on God though! I don't know why it's so hard to do that more often.

    ReplyDelete