Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Hospital Delivery Bag

Forgive the dusty mirror. I Windex-ed it right after this picture but I thought it kinda looked cool.
35 weeks. That means only 5 weeks left until we get to meet the little one! Whew! Almost there.
Got the sporty crib all set up and ready to go. 
And today, I've started packing the Hospital Delivery Bag... 
Well at least the things baby will need can be found in this bag: 
I've been researching this here and there... have checked out many different websites to figure out exactly what all we will need or even things that are nice to have.
Keep in mind, whatever you pack, make sure it's something you wouldn't mind getting ruined because, you never know what's going to happen!
Here's my whole list of what to pack in the Hospital Delivery Bag:
For the Baby Momma:
  • Night Gown or a Big Old T-shirt
  • Slippers 
  • Socks
  • Robe or Cardigan 
  • Comfortable Underwear
  • Pony-tail Holders, Clips, Headbands 
  • Gum/ Sugar Free Candy 
  • Nursing Bra
  • Nursing Tank-tops
  • Comfy going home outfit
For the Baby Daddy:
  • 2 pairs- change of clothes
  • Snacks (so he doesn't have to go to the snack machine)
  • Video camera
  • Digital camera
For Baby:
  • 4 Baby Outfits (you never know what size he'll be)
  • Baby hat
  • Baby socks
  • Diapers
  • Wipes
  • Car seat
  • 2 or 3 Receiving Blankets
Toiletries to Shower, etc:
  • Shampoo & Conditioner
  • Body Wash
  • Face wash
  • Some old Towel (I hear the hospital ones are hard)
  • Lotion
  • Chap stick
  • Hair Brush
  • Make Up
  • Deodorant
  • Tooth brushes
  • Tooth paste
  • Large Pads 
  • Nursing Pads
Other important things to bring:
  • Insurance info
  • Identification stuff (basically Mom's purse & Dad's wallet)
  • Cell phone chargers
  • List of people to call/text to make Baby's arrival known.
  • Boppy Pillow for nursing at the Hospital.

This is my first child so it's not like I'm an expert at what to pack. I have researched a lot though!
 Let me know if I missed anything or if there is anything you can think of that would be helpful to have!
This is so cute. It's a TIME OUT chair that one of my best friends, Tiffany made! On this side it says, "3 Strikes, You're Out!" and on the other side it says, "There is NO crying in baseball!"
I don't look forward to putting our little guy in Time Out but sometimes it has to happen. So now he has a cute little chair! Haha. 
That's all for today! Thanks for stoppin by! 
Don't forget to enter the My Memories Suite Giveaway if you haven't already!
xoxo. Jen

7 comments:

  1. The hospital will provide (in most cases) many of the things you listed: pads, diapers, receiving blankets, underwear (some people love the mesh, I'm one of them; others hate them). I've given birth in three different hospitals in two states far apart and never had to provide those things. Don't bring anything important to you in case it gets lost, and if you insist on bringing a towel, make it colored or patterned. It could go out with the laundry when you're not watching.

    Anyway, don't worry about forgetting anything. It's not like you're going to the wilderness to give birth with the wolves 1000 miles from the nearest Target. Send the husband out if necessary. Everything will be all right!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would make sure that your underwear are pairs that you don't mind getting ruined because they will & you'll want to throw them out when you are done with them! Oh and I would definitely bring your pillow from home. I was much more comfortable using my own pillow that's not as flat as a pancake. Make that going home outfit REALLY comfy & something that won't push on your belly. {especially if you have to end up with a c-section!} You really don't need diapers or wipes {they really just take up space in your bag} because they provide them for you the whole time you are there & you can even take the leftovers home! But other than that it looks like you've got what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can never forget your hubby. Love the time out chair. I'm following you, Come follow me back @ http://www.onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you might be over packing for baby... they give you those special new born receiving blankets so you probably wouldnt need anything except maybe a swaddle-me (the best swaddles ever!) Also, I was really happy I brought my boppy to have for guests to hold the baby and especially for myself after having a csection, it was nice to just rest the babies on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my sweet girl, Noland David has really grown. Can't wait to meet my sweet baby grandson. Good job on packing. You have not forgotten anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you're ready to go! Congratulations.


    I'm a new follower via the GFC blog hop. I'd love it if you would return the follow and also link up to the Weekend Blog Hop. http://www.athometake2.com.

    Jessica @ At Home Take 2

    ReplyDelete
  7. I packed at on of things and didn't use most of them, but I gave birth in a birth center and was back home 6 hours after Lucia was born. I wouldn't have probably needed so much more if I was staying in the hospital. But there really isn't much that you will need that you wouldn't be able to get or have someone bring you fairly easily, so don't fret!

    ReplyDelete