Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Isaac & Crock Pot Meatballs

Well this weekend/beginning of the week, we were dealing with the possibility of being hit by Isaac. Luckily, we received some outer bands and the hubs got a day off work but no harm done. And I was a little worried about going into labor too but that didn't happen either! Tuesday is back to normal with a nice wind and a sunny day!

I also made some Crock Pot Meatballs and thought I'd share my little recipe with you. Thanks to my  special Mom-in-Law & Sister-in-Law who shared the recipe with me!
First, I made my own meatballs... you can also buy frozen meatballs...
but I made them because I had some free time. Here's an easy recipe for meatballs.

Meatball ingredients
Ground beef
Bread crumbs
1 egg
Salt & Pepper

Meatball Directions: 
Mix together all the ingredients well.
Form your meatballs about 1 inch in diameter and place on a non-stick baking pan about 2 inches apart. 
Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes on each side until cooked all the way through.
Voila! You made some meatballs. You can let them cool and then put in the fridge for use the next day for your Crock Pot Meatballs!

Now for the Crock Pot part! This sauce is so delicious and adds so much flavor. Pregnancy has been making me crave it a little bit! 
Sauce ingredients: 
2 jars of Chili sauce (I added a little water to get it all out)
2 cans of Jellied Cranberries
2 large spoonfuls of Grape Jelly
2/3 cups of Brown Sugar

Sauce Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in the Crock Pot.
Place on High and let Simmer for about 3 hours. Make sure most of the clumps are out.
Then add your already cooked meatballs! Let those simmer in the sauce for 3-4 hours. At this time, you can turn down the Crock Pot to a Medium. 
I served this on top of rice & it's delicious!
Enjoy! 
Thanks for stoppin' by!
xoxo. Jen

1 comment:

  1. Yum, this recipe looks very delicious!

    Chelsea
    http://chelseadward.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete