Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

DIY Baby Clothing Dividers

Still getting ready for baby's arrival! 
This week, I made my own dividers for all of baby boy's clothes from a Cereal Box!

Noland finished the last of our Cinnamon Toast Crunch! 
So, I cut the box on sides to lay it flat and open. 
I cut 10 circles that I made by tracing a cup!
Then I painted them blue... waited for one side to dry, then painted the other side.
Once the blue paint dried, I used the bottom of a shot glass to cut a smaller hole in the middle.
Then I added the age to them. For example: newborn, 0-3 months, 3-6 months, etc.
Here's how they turned out: 
They are not the most perfect closet separators but I think they turned out pretty cute & will definitely work!
Now, I can see which clothes we have in what sizes! 
Yay for Organization!

Let me know what you think! I'd love some feedback! 
Here are some other awesome closet divider ideas.. Thanks to Pinterest
1. These are pinned from Posh Little's site here!
2. Farmhouse Five has these available for purchase here. You can also buy those plastic pieces from the Container Store and make your own labels!
3. These are available for purchase from Way Fair.
4. These are some you can make yourself! Here's the tutorial from Blissfully Domestic!

These are so cute! If you are looking for closet dividers, it all depends on how much you want to spend. 
I didn't want to spend anything and also had a little time to get crafty! Hope you like them! 
That's all for today! Thanks for stoppin' by!
xoxo. Jen

3 comments:

  1. As the mom of a baby, I can tell you how useful those will be. I saw some on Pinterest before my little one was born and I thought they weren't very useful (I would just organize them on my own by size and keep them in order). Well, we still don't have any (still on my list to make) but I really wish we did! It would be much easier to quickly put clothes away - and there isn't much time when you are busy with a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love these! So much cuter than the ones I bought at buybuybaby! Following from the GFC blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Wish I would have thought of something like that when my kids where smaller! Would have been so helpful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete