Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

100 Songs That Will Make You Smile (90-81)

A few days ago, I started a countdown of 100 songs that will make you smile because we all need to smile. We will continue the countdown today...

90. Jump – Van Halen
Van Halen is a great band and most people like them. I feel completely confident in putting this song in a countdown that people will enjoy. This song is happy to me. When I think of jumping, I think of elation. I think of such pure joy that you just have to jump. So go ahead and Jump!

89. Some Nights – Fun!
How can you not include a band named Fun! on a countdown on songs that make you smile. This band is really good and this is their finest song in my opinion. It makes me smile every time.


This song introduces the world to the happiest character in the entire world of Disney. Tigger is nothing, but fun. He is one of Disney's best and a hit since day 1. Tiggers are wonderful things...

87. Good Riddance – Green Day
This is the song that usually signals the end. They play it at graduations, mention it in commencement speeches and even used it on the last episode of Seinfeld. It can be sad for some, but for me when looking back on fond memories, I can't help, but smile.

86. Lonely Boy - The Black Keys
Okay I posted this song purely for the video. This video though has to make you smile. Enjoy the link.

85. The Middle – Jimmy Eat World
I have liked Jimmy Eat World from the start and loved them in concert. This is their biggest hit and most inspirational most people would say. When someone says everything will be just fine and it will be alright it has to lift you from a bad day. What a great song.

84. If I Had $1,000,000 – Barenaked Ladies
This joyful song by the barenaked ladies is a song that we can all relate to. We have all thought about what we would do if we inherited a bunch of money somehow. I would personally just make sure myself and my extended family was financially secure and then give a bunch to charity, but it is cool to think of those fun things we would do. Most likely I would do at least one fun thing with the money, but there is only one way to truly know...

This song is simple to the point and one of the greatest in the Disney Universe. When I did my countdown of top Disney songs, this came in at #3 largely because of it's simplicity and ability to make people smile. It is simply fantastic.

82. The Underdog - Spoon
We all love to root for the underdog right? This song makes me think of all the great underdog teams in sports that pulled off the impossible. Not to mention that it just sounds incredible.

81. Everybody– Ingrid Michaelson
Here is another song that my wife likes more than me, but it doesn't mean that the song isn't fantastic. It makes me smile every single time I hear it. It is just good music. Let's be honest too, everyone does want to love and be loved.

Next time, we will have songs 80-71. 
Keep smiling!

-Noland

No comments:

Post a Comment