Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

100 Songs That Will Make You Smile (70-61)

We all need to smile. A couple days ago, I started posting a couple song titles that can help you out. These are 100 songs that will make you smile. Check out the other lists by clicking on the countdown tab at the bottom of this post. We will also do a recap soon, but for now, here are songs 70-61.

70. Pinch Me– Barenaked Ladies
I love how the Barenaked Ladies do their songs. The name may not make the band seem appropriate, but they have pretty toned down music. All of their songs have this crazy hook that most people don't know the words to and it sounds fantastic. Pinch me is another example of one of these hooks. Job well done by this band on this song. This song even makes you say underwear. Who doesn't laugh at that?

69. Jump Around – House of Pain
I will fully admit that I am not a fan of hip-hop music. That being said there are a few songs that I quite enjoy. One of the songs at the top of that list is Jump Around. This song is a stadium anthem and is something that gets most people psyched about competition. It does nothing but make people thrilled. I don't know most of the words besides Jump Around admittedly, but it sounds good.

It's true that you always want to go where everybody knows your name. I started watching Cheers on Amazon Prime at night after Noland Jr. goes to bed if we have nothing else to do or watch. This show and song just make people happy. One of the greatest shows and themes of all-time.

67. Absolutely – Nine Days
This song is absolutely amazing, haha. I'd have to say that Nine Days is the best one-hit wonder band in my opinion. I actually loved this whole album, but only absolutely became a hit. This album though and the band are quite good in my opinion. Nine Days is one of my biggest guilty pleasures when it comes to music. Great band.

66. We Will Rock You - Queen
This is the stadium anthem of stadium anthems. Everyone knows it and everyone loves it. Nothing else needs to be said. 

65. Cruise – Florida/Georgia Line
This is one of the many brilliant songs by the duo Florida/Georgia Line. These guys are awesome and have appeared once on the countdown. Here they appear again with their biggest hit.

64. Beautiful Day – U2
"It is a beautiful day, don't let it get away." I mean that explains it all right? It's a beautiful day today and every day, get out there and enjoy it.

63. Footloose – Kenny Loggins
All the girls love the movie, although personally I am not a huge fan. Here is one thing I will admit though, even the guys love this song. Great song, not so great movie...

62. Keep Your Eyes Open - Needtobreathe
This song is one of the ultimate encouragement songs to me. It encourages you to look forward to brighter days ahead in the midst of a circumstance. The song is masterfully written and performed by Needtobreathe. We have already talked about this being our favorite Christian artist, but I will say it again. You need to check out Needtobreathe.

61. I Like It, I Love It – Tim McGraw
I personally am not a big Tim McGraw fan, but this song is fantastic. In fact "i like it, i love it, I want some more of it." Okay, a tad too cheesy, but this song is great and will make you smile.

-Noland

No comments:

Post a Comment