Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

100 Songs That Will Make You Smile (60-51)

Today, we will finish off the 1st half of our countdown of 100 songs that will make you smile. These songs hopefully are bringing some additional joy into your life.

60. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
This song is great, but it was made to be ever better during the movie The Replacements. The song makes me smile slightly, but the Replacements scene is hilarious and has to make you smile.

59. Beautiful Day – Jamie Grace
This song is not as well known as the beautiful day song by U2, but it has a similar message. I love it and enjoy Jamie Grace's music in general. You should check it out.

58. Centerfield – John Fogerty
How many singers get their guitars enshrined at Cooperstown (the Baseball Hall of Fame)? I can only think of one and his name is John Fogerty. Look at that awesome baseball guitar that Fogerty is holding in the picture. The guy is a legend. This song is easily his best and everyone knows and loves it.

57. Soak Up The Sun – Sheryl Crow
What a fantastic song this is by Sheryl Crow. Such an inviting and summer feel to this song. 

56. I Wanna Be Like You – King Louie
This is the 2nd best song from the Jungle Book (my favorite Disney movie). The song always makes me smile and is my son's favorite song period. That has to make you smile when you see him dance to this brilliance.

55. Can’t Judge A Book – Bo Diddley
I think this is the greatest song of all-time. This guy is just plain brilliant and I love all his music. However, with this song he really hit the jackpot. If you don't own this song, you should buy it immediately. Fantastic and always makes me smile just by its sheer awesomeness.

54. All You Need Is Love – The Beatles
Another song that just explains itself and makes people happy.

53. Song 2 - Blur
Not a lot of people know the name to this song, but everyone knows it and loves it. It is really hard to not smile when this song comes on.

This song makes me think of Splash Mountain and Disney World. It makes me think of Brer Rabbit, when you think of that and the joyful nature of the song, it is impossible to keep a straight face.

51. Banana Pancakes – Jack Johnson
How can you not smile when thinking of Banana Pancakes? These things are just delicious. Add in a delightful melody and song by Jack Johnson and it is pure joy. Just pure awesomeness and a perfect way to close out or first 50. The top 50 will be coming your way in a few days....

-Noland

No comments:

Post a Comment