Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

100 Songs That Will Make You Smile (80-71)

A couple of days ago, I started a countdown of 100 songs that will make you smile, today I continue that countdown with songs 80-71.

80. Hold Us Together - Matt Maher
This song is one of our favorites. Jenna and I both love this song and even played it at our wedding. It is not only one of the best Christian songs, but best songs period. Matt Maher hit the jackpot with this song. Love will hold us together and it is all about love. Such a wonderful song.

79. Hey Jealousy – The Gin Blossoms
I saw the Gin Blossoms a few years ago and they put on a really good show. Even now long after their last big hits in the mid-90s, the Gin Blossoms are rocking it. Their biggest hit to date is this song, Hey Jealousy. Just the intro to this song makes you smile. My son even loves the Gin Blossoms and several of their songs. If it makes him go wild and dance, it should do that for you too.

78. Lazy Song – Bruno Mars
The lazy song by Bruno Mars is an unbelievable piece of music. Although I do not like overly lazy people, we all have those days we just want to be lazy. For him to turn this feeling into a song is quite smart. The fact that nobody has perfected it like this before Bruno is a little surprising though. This song sounds great too and is just happy chill music.

77. The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson
This is actually my favorite Ingrid Michaelson song. I like this song more than Everybody. Everyone should take someone else the way they are. Just take people the way they are and be happy. Unless they are lame....Just kidding, but not really.

76. When Will My Life Begin – Mandy Moore
Mandy Moore as Rapunzel is my favorite Disney Princess. I think she did a great job and the music is the biggest reason why. All of the songs in Tangled are absolutely terrific. There is not a song I don't like and they all make me smile. This is one of those happy smiling songs. In this song Rapunzel is wondering when he life will actually begin and she can start living it. The song is so upbeat and happy.

75. Beverly Hills - Weezer
One day I'd like to visit California as I have never been to the state. I'm not sure if Beverly Hills is where I want to go, but the state would be fun. Regardless of my desire to go to Beverly Hills, this song is so upbeat and fun. Makes me smile every time.

74. Round Here – Florida/Georgia Line
These guys are my favorite country artists and this is my favorite song by them. This song just makes me think of my hometown and the simple pleasure you get chilling with your best friends just relaxing. It is just another fantastic piece of music from the duo. Another fun fact that make me smile when I hear these guys is that the guy on the left went to FSU! Gotta take pride in our fellow Seminoles.

73. Here It Goes Again – Ok Go
If this song does not make you smile, the video sure will. This song was a mega hit and the video put it over the top. The dancing on treadmills during the video was so unique and the world was fascinated by it. Everyone knows this song and the video and it makes everyone happy.

72. Follow Me – Uncle Kracker
This song is pure brilliance. It is so easy going and fun. Nothing to worry about with this song either because it is so innocent. Uncle Kracker is definitely a favorite of this happy couple. His music is one of the many things we enjoy. This is one of many fantastic songs by this artist.

71. Be Our Guest - Lumiere
This is the happiest song from my sister's favorite movie. It is beloved by many and Jenna and I own it as well. This is easily the greatest part of the movie and they even named a restaurant at the Magic Kingdom after this song. A song that we all love. Be Our Guest is just an inviting masterpiece. There is no way this cannot make you smile.

-Noland

No comments:

Post a Comment