Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

100 Songs That Will Make You Smile (100-91)

Life is short and sometimes you just need to smile. Sometimes you just need that pick me up. One of the best pick me ups that Jenna and I get is the music that we listen to and jam sessions with Jr. We listen to different types of music, but agree on a lot of stuff. Several songs we listen to just make us happier and really brighten our day. Music has the opportunity to do that to us. Therefore, in my countdown obsessed mind I came up with some of the songs that make me smile and ranked them from best to worst. This is not an exhaustive list, but the first 100 songs I thought of that make me or us smile. I have linked to the video, done a little write up and posted a picture for each song.
I hope each of these songs makes you smile and that the smiles grow as the songs are counted down. Here are 100 Songs that will make you smile...

100. Fun,Fun, Fun - Pharrell Williams
A great and happy song from despicable me is the song fun, fun, fun by Pharrell. This song is just fun as the title suggests. How can this song not make you smile with its emphasis on having fun. It will also make you think of Despicable Me and how wonderful the movie was. Brillant writing by Pharrell on this song. A great way to kick off this countdown.

99. All-Star – Smash Mouth
I will go ahead and say it, if people say they do not like this song, they are lying. This song is everyone's guilty pleasure. Everyone liked this song. Some people say they don't anymore, but I do not believe them. I still love this song. It is Smash Mouth's biggest hit to date and it isn't really even close. A terrific and happy song that you can count on to brighten your day.

Deep in the hundred acre wood where Christopher Robin plays....Look, you know we love our Disney here and Winnie the Pooh is my favorite character. Perhaps I am a little biased, but this song just makes me smile. This is one of the happiest characters in Disney and it is his theme song, it is terrific. I do not know a single person that does not like this song. I don't know them, because they don't exist. Pooh for the win!

97. I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
This song was huge a few years back. There is good reason for it being so big. Jason Mraz just created such an easygoing and happy song. This is one of the banner songs for chill music. When I think of chill music to just make me smile, I think of guys like Jason Mraz and Jack Johnson. Just happy easygoing music from those two.

96. Honey Bee – Blake Shelton
I do not like country nearly as much as my wife does. However, I do love honey, Blake Shelton, and this song. This song reminds me of my wife every time it comes on and therefore always makes me smile. I love honey and think it is the perfect condiment and it is one of the reasons I love it. Pure awesomeness on this country hit.

95. Slumber – Needtobreathe
Jenna and I make no secret about our love for needtobreathe. This group is our favorite Christian artist. They sound fantastic. "Slumber" is one of their most motivational songs. Not only it is motivational, but it makes me smile every single time. "Wake on up from your slumber"....Open up your eyes and see that this song is fantastic.

94. Count on Me – Bruno Mars
Having someone that you can count on is an essential part of life. This song pretty much forces you to think of the people that you can count on in life. Thinking about these people is always enough to make me smile. My friends and family are awesome and I know that if I truly needed them that they would be there. Bruno is able to articulate that in this very chill song that sounds really good too.

93. Semi-Charmed Life – Third Eye Blind
Third Eye Blind has a ton of hits, but this is easily their best song. It has a very upbeat melody that makes me happy. I love the simple chorous. However, I realize that this song doesn't have as good of a theme as other songs. It isn't quite as appropriate as some other songs. It sounds great though and sounds happy. This is one of my top 10 songs because it sounds so incredible.

92. Trashin' the Camp - Tarzan
This is now the third time that I have mentioned this song on this blog. I mentioned it when talking about the best Disney songs and the best Disney characters. It keeps getting mentioned because it was easily the best part of the Tarzan movie. You can also see some hidden Disney characters right in front of you. If this song doesn't make you happy, then not much will.

91. Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay - Otis Redding
The first of many classic songs that will appear on this countdown. This comes from the original chill singer. Otis was the original relaxing music guy. This song just talks about chilling on the dock and watching the tide. Just forgetting about problems and relaxing. We can all relate to that and forget our troubles.

Be prepared for 10 more songs to make you smile next time..

-Noland

No comments:

Post a Comment