Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Couponing & Saving some $$$

Who likes saving money?
Who likes sales? 
Well me too.

I've never been that great at couponing but today I can officially say "I did it!" I successfully couponed at CVS and saved over half my bill. A few weeks ago, I went to Publix and saved about 1/3 of my bill.. Here's the receipt:
Actual Price: $190.23
Total Saved: $63.53
Total actually paid: $126.70

That was good but not the absolute best. I knew I could do a little bit better. I look at the ads at CVS and Publix every week. We pick up two newspapers and clip all the coupons out of them... even the ones we think that we probably won't use (because you never know).
The key for me to save the most is to look at the ads of what is already on sale and use coupons on top of Buy One Get One FREE type of deal. So let me show you what I got today: 
2 packs of Gushers fruit snacks, 2 packs of Dole peaches fruit cups, 2 Welch's white grape juice, 1 T.G. Lee milk, 2 Arizona brand Teas, Colgate toothpaste and 2 Colgate manual Toothbrushes.
Actual Price: $36.08
Total Saved: $23.28
Total Actually paid: $12.80

So let me explain how I did it. I started couponing about 2 weeks ago at CVS and after my last purchase, I had 3 "Extra-Care Bucks" to spend for my next visit. If you have a CVS card, you get all the deals in the ad... and sometimes if you buy certain items they give you money back in the form of "CVS Extra-Care bucks" on the bottom of your receipt, which helps you save soo much!

So today, I mapped out all the deals before church and got the coupons ready. We did two separate purchases at CVS:
And that's all! Just wanted to share my amazing savings... 
To learn how to coupon, check out Southernsavers.com! She taught me everything I know!
Also, here is post I did way back when... when I first started to learn to coupon. It has a bunch of wonderful links that will help you! If you are couponing at CVS, don't forget that all the new deals come out every Sunday! Happy Couponing and hope you had a great weekend! 
Thanks for stoppin' by:
xoxo Jen.
P.S. On March 23rd, I'm co-hosting my first Blog-Hop with Young & Restless! So Mark your calendars and be ready to link up your favorite posts!
Linking Up: 

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had talent at couponing lol! My talent is ending up spending more money than I budget for :( it sucks because Canada doesn't have the same rules for couponing.

    ReplyDelete