Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Hunger Games Movie Review

Have you read the book?
It is soo good! I did a book review awhile ago which you can read here!
Here's the preview:

Highlights: This movie really did follow closely with the book. There were a few details that they left out which really bothered me because I loved every inch of the book. The characters really fit the part, and my favorite was Rue--She was so cute.
Disappointments: If you haven't read the book, I can't imagine that you would love the movie, because you don't get a full explanation of what is going on. I would recommend reading a summary before you go just to get the gist. My husband went with me and he liked it but I did not explain a lot of the details so he mostly just liked it because he expected it to be horrible... and it wasn't. haha. 

To Know ahead of time: It is important to be knowledgeable that this is a post-apocalyptic nation called Panem. There used to be 13 districts and a capitol in this nation but the 13th district rebelled and the Capitol one. Every year as punishment to keep the other districts from revolting, the Capital hosts the Hunger Games! One boy and one girl aged 12-18 from each of the 12 districts surrounding the Capitol are selected by lottery to compete in a televised battle in which only one person can survive. The winners are crowned by President Snow, receive a large amount of money to keep them comfortable for the rest of their lives, a monthly allowance of food for the rest of his/her life, a house to live in through out their lives and a victor's plaque from each district.
Also the Capitol is the richest, which each district getting poorer-- all the way to District 12 being the poorest. District 12 is where Katniss is from.
I love details. I felt the movie left out a lot of important details but my  husband said if they would have included everything, it would have been long and boring. --I totally agree. Also, if they would have included everything, it probably would have been rated R. For a movie where kids are killing each other, Hollywood managed to pull this off gracefully. 
Here's Taylor Swift's song from the movie: 
Here is my movie rating of this movie: 
That's all for now!
Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor!
PS. Leave me your opinion if you saw the movie... 

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on your review. I loved it, given the amazing material they had to work with, but I can't imagine seeing it w/o reading the book. I went with a group of coworkers, and one girl hadn't read the books yet, and she kept asking questions. She also didn't see the 'love' between Peeta and Katniss, so that'll be interesting when Catching Fire rolls around.

    Yay Hunger Games!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pretty unimpressed too. They cut the cave scene like crazy and that was the whole foundation of Peeta and Katniss's relationship. Also I didn't like how they didn't say that Haymitch was a victor of the games...and the list goes on-

    ReplyDelete