Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Guest Post: (Bee)autiful Blessings!

Hey Everyone! We have a guest post from Kaity at (Bee)autiful Blessings! Go check out her awesome blog! 
-----
When Jenna put the call out for guest bloggers, I immediately jumped at the opportunity! I've read so many guests posts that were filled with laughs, love and inspiration and led me to some wonderful bloggers whom I definitely wanted to keep tabs on! So bare with me as I try to join the ranks of some of the lovely ladies who have gone before me and lose my guest post virginity!

I'm Kaity and I blog over at (Bee)autiful Blessings.
That handsome man you see on my face, is my hubby-to-be (as of September 2, 2012). While writing about the trials and tribulations of  planning a wedding to the man of my dreams is all well and good; I decided to use this post to talk about something I haven't yet managed to incorporate into my own blog: tattoos. More specifically, my tattoos.

There's something so beautiful to me about carrying the beautiful scars of life experiences and memories with you for the rest of your life. Although my measly two tattoos have not exactly achieved "art form" status, they're symbols of two beautiful times in my life that I have managed to immortalize on myself forever.
#1: Tribute to my Daddy
When I was a baby, my Daddy wrote a song for me called "Kaity Through the Glass" about the first time he ever saw me through the glass of the hospital nursery. My Daddy was an amazing musician and even opened for bands like The Grateful Dead back in the day. When I was 10, he suffered a massive stroke and lost the use of the entire right side of his body and his ability to speak. Needless to say, he no longer plays music, but this tattoo was my way to honor the memory of the beautifully talented Daddy I grew up with.
#2: Tribute to Uganda
When I was a junior in college, I spent four months abroad in Uganda. Over our Spring Break, we spent a week living with rural Ugandan families and experiencing life as part of an impoverished Ugandan family. At the end of my stay, my family blessed me with the name "Ainapakin" which means "peace" and "comfort." At the end of the semester, we visited Rwanda and spoke to survivors of the genocide. I shared my favorite Bible verse with the congregation of a Rwandan church, Isaiah 40:31, "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will fly on wings like eagles..." The eagle feather symbolizes the power of that verse as it applied to my time in Uganda/Rwanda and the black, red and yellow are the colors found on the Ugandan national flag.

So that's my ink in a nutshell. I have an ongoing inventory of new tattoo ideas that I plan to pursue as soon as money and my zero pain tolerance are no longer a factor, but as for now, my measly two are all I need.

Thanks to Jenna for allowing me to rant and rave on this adorable blog of hers and if you have some ink you'd like to share, be sure to stop by and tell me all your tattoo stories:

No comments:

Post a Comment