Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cheerio Muddy Buddies.. aka Puppy Chow.

Hey Everyone! 
So I got a great recipe that some of you may already know.. I was again craving something sweet.. You know me and my cravings.. The chocolate monster attacked me... Have you ever heard of Muddy Buddies or Puppy chow? Ok, well I love it too.. but I didn't have any Chex mix so I decided to experiment by using Cheerios! Here's the recipe.. although I kind of just eyed the ingredients instead of measuring

Ingredients:
Butter, Peanut butter, Confectioner's Sugar, Chocolate Chips and Cheerios
Also,  a tupperware bowl with a lid would be helpful
Directions:
1. In a bowl combine about a cup of Chocolate chips, 1/2 cup of peanut butter and 1/2 cup of butter (I used 3 tablespoons and it worked just as well) Microwave for about a minute until melted and then mix all together until it looks like this:
2. In a larger Tupperware bowl with a lid, pour out about 9 cups of cheerios
3. Pour the chocolate pb mixture on top and mix up really well with a spoon.
at first it will look like this.. just keep mixing it all together until every cheerio has choc mix on it.
when its all mixed up.. it will look like this.. yum.
4. Then pour about 1 and 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar on top

5. Put the lid on the Bowl and SHAKE IT.. KEEP SHAKING for about 3 to 4 min
At the end.. it will look like this.... and it tastes so yummy!
Man O' man.. This really satisfied my cravings! Noland is not a huge fan cuz he is not a chocolate person like myself.. chocolate just really gets me. haha.
Anywho on a different note. I can't believe its NOVEMBER... 
Welp see y'all later. Thanks for stoppin' by:
xoxo Jen.
Found some new places to Link up to, Find me here:

2 comments:

  1. Yum! This sounds so good right now! Wish I had some Cheerios!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, JENNA! Puppy Chow makes me feel all nostalgic! My mom used to make big batches of it on the stove, and she'd mix them up using garbage bags X-D Just toss it all in there, hold it closed with one hand, and roll it all around with the other.

    For the holidays, she likes to use mint chocolate chips for something a little different. I love this variation! If you're into the mint and chocolate combo, I think you'll like it too!

    ReplyDelete