Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Cherished Bliss

Hey Y'all! Today I have another Guest post from Ashley over at Cherished Bliss
She's pretty great so here she is...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone! I'm Ashley and I blog over at Cherished Bliss
We won't tell anyone, but this picture is before I had either of my kids! I really don't have any pictures of myself (that are good) but I swear I look the same... especially since this is a head shot ; ) 
I am so excited to be over here today helping Jenna out while she's busy with grad school! 

I recently moved and well... I've never really had a house where I've decorated with what I want to decorate with, and the world of blogging has really opened up my eyes to transforming pieces of furniture and decor! I never went to garage sales, but here I am.. taking things out of peoples trash now! You can find some pretty awesome stuff, and with a coat of paint, it's like brand new! 
Anyways, since I don't have an endless budget to decorate my house, or a budget at all for that matter, I have really been trying to use what I have with a few garage sale things thrown in here and there. 

So you ask? How do you completely change color schemes without buying new stuff? 
SPRAY PAINT, SPRAY PAINT, and some more SPRAY PAINT!

I recently bough this little rust covered bird cage at a garage sale. 
The picture makes it look better than it really was. It was dirty, gross, and blackish from probably never being cleaned, not to mention the rust. But there was still something pretty about it so I introduced this little guy to my spray paint! 
How I spray painted it
- First I primed the bird cage with spray paint primer (love it)! It covered up all the rust and gave me a nice even coat to start with!
-Next I used this really whimsical aqua color (which I will use in my craft room) but it was a little bright and cheery for the color scheme I have in mind for my new living room SO after I sprayed the aqua on, I sprayed on a few REALLY REALLY light coats of white until I got it looking the way I wanted. 
That's it! A whole new color!! 
I am currently spray painting pretty much everything I have to change the color of my house and the only cost is the spray paint, which is right up my alley!

So grab something old and ugly and spray a little color on it for a fresh look in your room!
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks again for having me over Jenna! It was a blast! 

I'd love to have you stop by my blog and check out a few of my other tutorials.
I will have a lot of new ones coming up over the next few weeks as we enter my favorite time of year,  Christmas
and as I re decorate my house. 
You can also find a weekly link party on my blog. I'd love for you to stop by and share whatever you have been working on!
Photobucket
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for sharing Ashley! 

Also, wanted to let everyone know that sometime between Wednesday and Friday, I will be posting our first {give away} so follow if you are not already and get excited! :)
Thanks for stoppin' by everyone,

xoxo Jen.

1 comment:

  1. What a fab tutorial/guest post!! I love Ashley and am always amazed at her creativity!! I'm not sure if I could do the spray paint-- I tend to over do it and end up with dripping marks all over. Probably b/c I'm a tad impatient.. love the bird cage!! I want one!

    ReplyDelete