Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hair Tutorial: Wavy hair!

Ok so this is the first time I've ever done anything on the blog that involves taking pictures of myself.
There are a few things I learned
(1) I can't take serious pictures-- I feel silly and that is why you will see many silly faces.
(2) The pictures from my webcam do not do the waves justice... 

Now here's how to get the waves..you have to decide which day you want waves.. so I wanted waves on Wednesday, I washed my hair on Monday then Tuesday night I did not wash my hair & I prepped for Wavy Wednesday.. 
1. Part hair down the middle then divide each of the 2 sections down the middle again. You should end up with 4 sections total like this: 
except I have bangs so I put a hair tie around them too so they were out of my way
2. Braid each section starting with the outside sections
3. Now braid the 2 inside sections:
4. After all 4 sections are braided, apply mouse generously. I ran out of mouse and had to use hairspray that wouldn't spray-- it was a serious problem-- so my waves did not hold as good as usual.
5. sleep then wake up the next morning & take them out! 
(i applied make up before the pictures)
Here's what they look like at first when I take them out... poof.
6. But then put some more mouse in to hold the waves...and scrunch
I thought I had a few pictures that were easier to see of my hair like this before cause I used to do this regularly throughout college but I couldn't find them... Well maybe I can find some at my mom's over Thanksgiving. Anyways, this is super easy and can mix it up if you are used to wearing your hair straight! Happy Wavy Wednesday!
Don't forget to to go enter the give away if you haven't already!
Thanks for stoppin' by:
xoxo Jen.

Linking Up: 

4 comments:

  1. GReat tutorial! I am sure the waves look great! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great tutorial! looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! these pics are too funny, but i looove the wavy hair! wish mine was longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I french braid my hair every night to get waves that "behave." It works great! I only do two braids though and I let my hair air dry and then braid it on the night that I wash it otherwise its wet and frizzy in the morning.. So fun!

    ReplyDelete