Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Mock Starbucks Frappuccino Recipe

I've done it.. I've made my own Mock Mocha frap similar to Starbucks... maybe better... just sayin :)
First let me give you my Coffee tour...
This is my new coffee maker.. I love it. I love that it is RED! Noland & I have got some gifts already in preparation for our wedding.. He's not really in the kitchen much so he's letting me decorate it with RED... loves it. I also got these adorable stack-able coffee cups found at World Market (thanks Gloria) 
So the key to making the frap: I first made some coffee... 

Here's what else you need:
Sugar, Milk, Vanilla, Chocolate chips (or Chocolate Syrup)
and a hand blender.. I don't even own a regular blender yet but I'm already a huge advocate of the hand blender.. it mixes better than any blender I have ever used.

So here's the scoop. I used to work at a Starbucks.. it was actually in a Barnes & Nobles cafe. We made our frappucinos using a coffee, milk & sugar base that Starbucks had already mixed together and then would add the flavoring and ice. 
So here is what I did to make this similar {homemade goodness}:

1. Made some coffee... at least enough for 1 or 2 cups. I use Eight O'Clock- French Roast coffee.. It can be picked up at your local grocery store.. but you could use any coffee.
2. I poured 5oz of coffee in the blender cup:
3. Add about 1/2 cup of milk, 3 spoonfuls of sugar, some chocolate chips about 1/4 cup (you can be more generous if you wish), 1 teaspoon of vanilla
4. Fill with about 1 1/2 or 2 cups of Ice
5. Blend with the Hand Blender
Here is what you end up with.. Now pour into a Starbucks-esque tumbler cup and you can pretend you are really there...
That's all for today. This was truly delicious and I hope you all can go make your own or experiment and make this better... Let me know what you think! & Thanks for stoppin by!
xoxo Jen.

Linking Up: 

6 comments:

  1. I am a frappucino gal myself so I am so excited about trying this. I really like the red too. But then again, lol, I am in love with your blog. Seriously. There is always something here to make me smile, and I am always inspired! This is why I am awarding you the Sunshine award. Please find the details and collect your award at beautyandthegreen.blogspot.com

    Congratulations and all the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...I love making my own coffee drinks at home. My at-home espresso maching {wedding gift} was one of the best things that ever happened to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum!! When I'm through breastfeeding I'm going to love making these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there lady, following you from the FOR THE LOVE OF COFFEE link up. Sounds like an awesome recipe, can't wait for the chance to give it a try. Thanks for joining us and fingers crossed you win the awesome prizes!
    Dalayna

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so good! Instead of chocolate chips, I used peppermint mocha creamer. I've found my go to recipe!

    ReplyDelete