Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Heaven is For Real

The Book Review of:
Gosh! I loved this book. I've been needing a little break from my school readings, so I picked this book up off my little bookshelf yesterday and started reading so Noland could watch sports (I was tired of TV)... It was a quick read because I finished it today!

The story: is about 4-year-old Colton Burpo gets really sick with appendicitis. He has 3 emergency surgeries and during one of them has a visit to heaven for 3 minutes. This story is told by his father, Todd who learns piece by piece details of Colton's visit to Heaven through many different conversations months after his surgeries. Colton, time and time again, proves his story really happened with some startling finds for example, he gave exact locations of his parents while he was in surgery and asleep. He describes Heaven from a 4-year-old point of view and it really captures readers. 

Inspiration: This story is inspiring! After putting the book down, I feel like I want to be a better person. Not that I am a bad person now but I want to try harder in the little things. I know God and Heaven are real but this story really puts a new perspective on it. It makes Jesus human and real (even though I already knew he was human and real)..if that makes sense.. It calls us to be mindful of our faults and try to correct them because the Lord is here and more present than we realize.
Here is an excerpt from the book:

For more info on the Burpos, you can check out their website here: http://heavenisforreal.net/
Here's a video of Colton and Todd's appearance on Fox News: 
This is just such a touching story. You all should totally read this book! I loved it!
That's all for today! :)
xoxo Jen.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like such a cute book! I'll put it on my list of books to read!

    ReplyDelete