Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

DIY Gift Bows

So I discovered these here and have been wanting to try them! So here's the scoop on how to do this... so easy & awesome!
Supplies:
 
scissors
tape
pencil & ruler (or paper cutter like one you would use for scrapbooking)
some paper that you want to make into a bow (you could even use newspaper)

Directions:
1. Cut paper into 3/4 inch strips
2. I used tape to tape them like this: 
here's a tip from Lines across my Face:
I also made mine different sizes so it might help to make them fit together better...
3. tape two together.. one inside the other like this: 
4. put the smaller one inside the larger and tape in the center: 
5. and then you will need to make one more little figure 8 piece to tape in the middle and it should look like this:
6. Finally add to your gift or spruce up  a gift bag like these: 


and you can even do them with newspaper and her kid's artwork like 
 Lines across my Face did: 

That's all for today, now go make some bows for your gifts!!! 
& before I go, I wanted to mention, I will be doing a giveaway soon. One on my site and one at marietea so if you are not already, you should follow our sites and be on the lookout cause it's going to be sweet & free!
xoxo Jen.
Linking up: 

6 comments:

  1. These are sooo awesome! Love bows.. but hate, hate, hate buying them.. what a great alternative! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo party! Can't wait to see what you share next.
    Hope you stop by and enter my giveaway to win up to $100 in mdf craft goodies @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/10/mr-woody-giveaway-win-up-to-100-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I'm definitely going to have to use this for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!! I'm sharing this over twitter! Great post - love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much I like the idea of newspaper bows. Humm I may have a Christmas theme here....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I've taken a store bow apart before to see if I could recreate it, but it was too complicated! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete