Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Michael Vey, The Prisoner of Cell 25

Michael Vey, The Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans
This book was just released on August 9, 2011. I ordered it via Amazon and received it on Tuesday of this week. I've been looking for a good read for about a month ago when I finished The Mortal Instruments Series. I started reading this book on Wednesday and finished it on Thursday. I ate it up. I LOVED every minute of this story. It starts out a little slow in the first few chapters but once it picks up, it moves quickly and shares more and more amazingly detailed information about the story that I don't want to give away! I think I'll call this book a MUST READ. I mean its already set to debut #1 on the NY Times Best Seller List - just one week after debut. 
Here is the Synopsis from Glenn Beck's Site: To everyone at Meridian High School, Michael Vey is an ordinary fourteen-year-old. In fact, the only thing that seems to set him apart is the fact that he has Tourette’s syndrome. But Michael is anything but ordinary. Michael has special powers. Electric powers. Michael thinks he’s unique until he discovers that a cheerleader named Taylor also has special powers. With the help of Michael’s friend, Ostin, the three of them set out to discover how Michael and Taylor ended up this way, but their investigation brings them to the attention of a powerful group who wants to control the electric children – and through them the world. Michael will have to rely on his wits, powers, and friends if he’s to survive.

Opinion: Like I stated earlier, I loved this book! I have yet to post about a book I didn't like but this one was just INCREDIBLE. My fiance was amazed at how quickly I read it! I honestly can't wait for the next one to come out.
Michael Vey is just a sweet character who genuinely has a good heart and want be kind to others. He is always picked on at school because he's not the most popular, he's just kind of average-- except not. This book is great for kids too because it teaches wonderful values without being "annoying" and "obvious". It shows that we should care for others. There are just so many wonderful lessons that you can get out of this book.

More than you want to know: Teachers can use this book.. here is a clip of their educator's testimonial:

Opinion Again: I just think this book is the next Harry Potter or Twilight.. Its just sooo good. Please Check it out and Let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment