Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Impossible by Nancy Werlin

Have you read this book? Its a great read! I read it in a day and a half and that was while I was working so I mostly read it at night. My fiance would pick on me because he said I ignored him when he was talking to me.. haha but luckily for him, I finished this quickly. My wonderful friend Shannon recommended it to me-- She blogs and writes a wonderful story here.

Plot: Impossible's main character is Lucy, who is seventeen. She discovers that the women of her family have been cursed through the generations and are forced to attempt three seemingly impossible tasks or fall into madness upon their child’s birth. But Lucy is the first girl who won’t be alone as she tackles the list. She has her fiercely protective foster parents and her childhood friend Zach beside her. Can they break the curse?

Review: Like I stated earlier, I loved this book. Its definitely a teen novel but the story was very interesting and made me want to look into the "Scarborough Fair" song. You'll understand if you read the book. This book truly demonstrates how people can come together, although this story is a fairy tale. I would give it a 4 out of 5 good read. So what did I not like about it? It definitely has a magical essence to the story which I didn't expect but I still enjoyed it alot. As Lucy battles whether or not to accept the truth to the curse upon her family, I was also battling whether she should believe it or not.

Thats all for now! More coming soon! Leave a comment or some love!

2 comments:

  1. Another interesting book to add to my list. Definitely check out that song. I long the Simon & Garfunkel version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, I wonder if it comes on audio you know me and reading, girl I will fall asleep.
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete