Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Gone Bananas!

So I was craving some sweet the other night and I felt like I was going to "go bananas!" so I looked through the pantry and we happened to have 2 bananas that were getting old... Like a lightbulb going off, I thought, "banana bread!" Then I looked in the fridge.. no eggs...
I got on google and sure enough I found:

Easy No Egg Required Banana Bread!
Ingredients:
1/2 cup of shortening or canola oil or butter etc.
1 cup white sugar (you can cut back to 3/4 cup if you want)
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 very ripe mashed bananas ( I only used 2)
1-2 teaspoons pure vanilla
chocolate chips (if you have them, I didn't)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x4 loaf pan!
2. In a large bowl, mix shortening, sugar and vanilla.
3. Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt. Blend in the mashed bananas. Stir in chocolate chips (optional).
4. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until it tests done with a fork or toothpick.
Comments: I sprinkled some brown sugar on top to add a little kick.. and I just love brown sugar! Enjoy! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment