Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Reflection and Preparation

The past month has been quite a time of reflection and preparation as I realize this little guy is definitely on his way and every day, I grow closer to being a real mom, not just a pregnant mom. Sorry I haven't been around, but since I last posted, we have visited the hubs family in Virginia, my family in North Florida, had a dryer fire disaster at our old apartment and moved into a new place! No more apartments for us! Life is good and I feel incredibly blessed. 

Today, I was looking back through old blog posts. Some of them, I absolutely love and others make me squirm as I realize I had absolutely no idea what I was doing when I started this blog. As of today, I'm up to 298+ GFC Followers! That's so exciting and it is so awesome to have met you all. I love getting to know each of you better through comments, blogging collaboration, giveaways, guest posts, facebook, Instagram, twitter and all the other ways we connect! I've also realized that I love reading blogs that are more personal, you know, the ones where you read them and you feel like you know the person. I'm not the best writer but I hope to make this little blog of mine more personal. Tutorials are fun and I will still be sharing recipes and tutorials here and there. Link Parties will still go on but I'm moving them to Thursdays! but for the most part, I want to share stories that I can look back and remember for years to come. Thoughts. Feelings. Memories.

With sweet baby boy on his way, it is finally feeling real. We have set up the pack-n-play and baby swing. Hubs still needs to put together the crib but for the most part, we are ready. Ready as we will ever be because, are you really ever ready for change? I must admit thinking about the sleepless nights to come are scary but I know it will be worth it all when we see our sweet little one's face. I can't wait to meet him and memorize every little thing about him. 

Most of you blogging mommas know about having kids because after all you are already moms. Up until a few months ago, I had no idea that most women receive their last ultrasound at 20 weeks. What? I was about 24 weeks when I learned this and I got a little upset because we only had 3 ultrasounds total. Now I don't get to see my sweet baby until he is in my arms. The ultrasounds are probably my favorite part about doctor visits because you get to see exactly where the baby is and how he is laying and moving. I'm not a huge "going to the doctor" fan so when I learned no more ultrasounds, I was a little disappointed. But, I am thankful that there is no problems or need for further ultrasounds as well. 

Anyways, now I'm back and excited to make some blogging changes (appearance and post-wise). So get excited because its time to spice up *Its just called SPICY* 

And now, even though I'm at 29 weeks,
 here are some ultrasound pictures from 20 weeks that I don't think I shared:
Here is baby's face with his arm and hand up by his mouth.
Here is a side view of sweet boy's head and chest and you can see his spine a little bit.
And here is the picture of his bottom half. The arrow shows that "its a boy!" One of my favorite parts of this picture is the beauty of his spine. It's so pretty.
Well that's all for now! Thanks for stoppin by,
xoxo Jen.

2 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful pictures! What a beauty you have inside you!!!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only a few more weeks to go! Wooohoo! Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete