Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

29 &30

Pregnancy goes by so fast. I can't believe I'm almost 31 weeks. Baby boy is due at the end of September and I'm sure September is going to be a long month. The old song "Wake me up when September Ends" will now actually mean something as I await the end of September so we can count 10 little toes and 10 little fingers. Not that I want to bypass the whole month but I'm just so excited/scared/anxious for his sweet arrival.

Friday was crazy as we woke up to hear the terrible news of the Movie Massacre in Colorado. We had made plans to go see the Dark Knight Rises on Friday night with a friend who was coming to town. After discussion, we decided not to go see it...at least not this weekend. I don't want to live in fear but it moments like these when I fear bringing sweet babies into this world. Truth is, fear sucks and is useless. All it does is paralyze us and impede us from living our lives.
I was reading a few other blogs (a miniature clay pot, the wiegands) that shared thoughts about the Colorado shooting. Both made some really great points. It got me thinking, if God is with us, we have nothing to fear. Prayer and scripture are two weapons that we can use in our battle against fear. We have to continue to look to Him and trust Him in everything. So my little fear about bringing a kiddo into this broken world can be removed because I have faith that God will be with my family in good times and in bad. And everything will work out according to his plans. 

In other news, we just moved recently so we are still getting settled in at the new place... which is much smaller. So, we attempted a yard sale this weekend and it wasn't very successful. To be fair, we didn't put it in the newspaper and I was too tired to display things nicely. Mostly, we just threw it out there. I made some awesome signs though and we had quite a few people come by, made a little extra money even if it didn't meet my expectations. 

Pregnancy is going well. I haven't been sick or anything. My only is issue is back pain and sometimes not able to sleep at night for whatever reason. At times, its because I napped too late in the day and others its because I can't decide which side I'm most comfortable on. But only 10 weeks or less and the little guy will be here! We can't wait... we are trying to get everything set up and I feel like we are running out of time but I know its all going to work out. So that's my life update! 
Sorry no Movie Monday today... maybe next week!

So here  I am without my make up.. weeks 29 & 30! 
T-shirts are my friend lately.
Taking some maternity pics soon though so can't wait for those!
That's all for today! Thanks for stoppin' by
xoxo. Jen

3 comments:

  1. well you're a doll. i can't wait to read more leading up to the big day! i cannot believe how fast the time goes here towards the end! and OBVIOUSLY i have to follow your bloggy! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a cutie! Congrats! I just had my little man last week :)

    ReplyDelete