Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Thank God for Grandparents

Today I'm going to a different kind of blog post than the typical DIY craft or recipe. This is more personal. I wish I was an eloquent writer then I could describe what I want to say in the best way. 
Mother Teresa rejoicing in the gift of life of a beautiful baby.
Life is so precious. Every day is a gift. Enjoy each day and live it to the fullest because you may not have tomorrow. I say this not as some little cutesy saying but as a fact. 
Yesterday my grandfather's cousin and best friend passed away. I saw him about a month ago when he came to visit our family. It is just so weird and difficult to grasp that now he's gone but this I know... 
God has a plan for each of us... and all plans begin and end in His time.
Although that can be difficult to grasp at times, I trust in the Lord. For he knows far better than I what is best for you and me.
On a different note I wanted to do a little ode to my grandpa and say...
Thank God for Grandparents
Not everyone has them. Those of us who are blessed with grandparents, even if its for a short time should take pleasure in their company and give thanks for the opportunity to know and love them. My grandma passed when I was in third grade and my grandpa moved near us soon after. I'm so thankful that he has been a part of my life growing up and blessed to know such a good man. He is one of the kindest people I know and would give you the shirt off his back. That's why I wanted to do a little tribute to him today saying Thank God for Grandparents. I just love spending time with him and hearing about his life when he was my age.
Just thinking of him today as he copes with the loss of his cousin and friend-- wishing I could be there to play cards with him and cheer him up.
here's me, my brother and grandpa playing cards around the holidays.
He taught us card games since we were little. 
mom, bro, me and grandpa (making a silly face)
xoxo Jen.

PS. Linking up here today: 

No comments:

Post a Comment