Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Easy Personal Art

I'm so excited and proud to show you a piece of art that I made today! I can't wait to frame it!
it says: Robinson est (established) 2011. 
I know we aren't married for another 98 days but I happen to be living where we will live when we are married and have been desiring some home decor. Right now things are really bare because having a wedding is expensive haha...Also, I have showers coming up so I didn't want to go out and buy everything! I've been on Pintrest a lot lately and found so many DIY crafts that I long to do! This was was so easy! The only cost is buying a frame for it (which I have yet to do). 

So how did I do it?! Well with the help of an older post from Mel at The Crafty Scientist.. She posted some helpful website where you can get really cool pictures of letters and numbers:

I then cropped the letters that needed to be cropped in paint and saved each letter as a .jpeg file! 
I opened Microsoft word. I had to right-click each picture, scroll down to wrap text. Another menu will open and click "In FRONT OF TEXT" That way you are able to re-size and move around the picture wherever you want. Set it up the way you want it to look and Voila! FREE ART!

I'm so excited! Leave me a comment if you need help making your own, have any further questions or would like me to make you one for you to print. Its pretty easy!
xoxo Jen.

Linking up with:

3 comments:

  1. This is great! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how I didn't see this before now, but I LOVE it! So cute! I love how it looks with a longer last name too - more fun and colors and texture! Can't wait to see what other new home decor you'll be making! : )

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this!!! I am seriously wanting to make one of these now! Thanks so much for sharing! Have a wonderful weekend! :)
    Crystal
    Homemaker in Heels

    ReplyDelete