Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2014

I'm back!

Well, I've taken a long blogging break and now I think I'm back to share a little bit about what has been going on with us and what is to come. We've been busy making a move this summer and I'm currently looking for a job because I just finished my Masters degree in Social Work. Noland is teaching and loving having a summer break. Noland Jr. is getting so big and is so much fun to be around. He's constantly growing and looking at everything around him. He is so smart and getting into everything so he definitely keeps us busy and laughing!
Aside from packing and job searching, I opened up an Etsy store selling rosaries. I have some other items that I plan on selling but am waiting until we get moved before I add those products. In the meantime, you can check out my shop here! I have several sports rosaries, knotted rosaries and wooden beaded rosaries. And here is a picture of one of my favorite rosaries that I have listed:
Also, I changed my blog name to "This Little Light Blog". I loved "It's just called Spicy but it was time for a change and a new name. When I first started blogging, I really wanted a name that stood out and "It's just called Spicy" did the trick. My nephew was 2 or 3 and he had painted a picture at daycare. When the teacher asked him what it was, he said, "It's just called Spicy!" I thought the story was so cute! I have a bit of a spicy personality and when I thought long and hard about a name for my blog, "It's just called Spicy" fit. It's been a few years now and I've grown a lot. I've married and started my own family. Often, I find myself reading blogs written by moms who share their inspiration about things that we all deal with. I love building others up and being built up by others in challenging times. I'm a Catholic and active in my faith. I love listening to praise and worship music and have begun sharing some Christian songs with my son, who will be 2 in October.
This Little Light of Mine is a song that I think all Christians and non-Christians can relate to. I believe we all have a light which is a talent or gift inside of us. Some of us have a hard time finding it and some of us know exactly what our "light" is. We have to let it SHINE! (cheesy? I know) We have to share it with others. That is where "This Little Light Blog" was born. I have a few talents that I know of and I wanted a place to share them. So I picked a new name and did a little self-re-design of the blog and it's still a work in progress but I'm learning.
Here are some pictures of us lately with a few friends and relatives too!
Cousins
He loves the tea cups!
Meeting Eeyore
Loves the pool!
We hold hands in the car because we are best buds!
Hopefully, I'll be updating more regularly! I'm excited to get back into the blogging groove. Please pray for my family as we pack up to move about 20 minutes away from where we are now. And for my job search! & Thanks for reading,
-Jen

1 comment:

  1. Holy cuteness! He looks like a little man and is totally adorable! Had to get that out of the way. Now on to your light! Let it shine!! Always. Love me some Matthew 5:15. I feel the same way, and that's why I started cantoring at church after not singing for years and years (and I'm a trained opera singer!). I will be praying for your move this week - hope it's not *too* hot. I know what that's like. I was moving this time last year #notfun looking forward to more posts (and congrats on the degree - I'm two classes away from getting my masters!)

    ReplyDelete