Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

October Feature: Dreaming of Dimples

Hey Everyone! Today, I got an AWESOME October Feature to share with you! Jessah from Dreaming of Dimples is guest posting and sharing the most amazing party idea. I wish I knew more people in my area to host one of these babies...Maybe when I go home for Christmas...
Anywho, Check out Jessah's blog here! read on for her amazing post. Take it away girl!
...
Alright ya'll, here it is. 
The best party idea of the year.
Pinterest parties are the new Favorite Things parties. 
This party has been in the making for a while.
As I mentioned to my guests, I'd been waiting patiently to be invited to a Pinterest Party since I stumbled upon this article.
The idea looked so fun!
But if I hadn't planned my own party, I'd probably still be waiting.
I'm glad that I took matters into my own hands.
And a girl just can't wait forever.
The theme as you can see by the graphic was pink ballerinas.
I didn't want to send it out on the invitations as I wanted my guests to see the theme all pulled together at the party.
ballerina rice krispie cupcakes
mason jar favors to be filled in the candy bar
DIY gifts and candy bar (including peppermint taffy, good and plenty and watermelon gummis)
All of the food and drinks for the party were inspired by Pinterest.
Take a look.
tomato, mozzarella, basil skewers with balsamic drizzle
avocado hummus and pretzels
strawberries, basil, brie and honey on crackers
veggie cups in ranch dip
lemonade bar with strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
Wondering how the heck a Pinterest Party works?
Here are the deets.
Each guest brings the necessary items/ingredients/directions to create the craft, item or recipe to the party. (Making sure to have it wrapped.)
Then gifts are exchanged - "white elephant style - allowing each guest to take home a fun, unique creation!

This party was so much fun. 
These 10 lovelies ladies attended my party.
It was really cool to see the different DIY ideas they brought to the exchange.
If you're interested in seeing or pinning the DIY gift ideas given at the party, follow this Pinterest board.
I'll be adding the pins this week.

Don't you just love Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment