Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The easy way to hang a picture STRAIGHT

Welp, again, I got caught up with life. So much is going on. I can't promise that I will be posting as regularly until the end of April. but come Summer, I'll be back daily. So hang in there folks.
Two weekends ago my mom came to visit and bought us two pictures to spice up our bathroom! I love them! So this past weekend, I hung them up Thanks to Pinterest:

I found this on Pinterest a while ago: 
She explains how to hang pictures perfectly straight and exactly where you want them!
You can go to her blog here!

Well I wasn't making a gallery wall but I was hanging two pictures side by side. I measured the space with a tape measure. Here is a picture of the space... right above the toilet.
Then I got out some wax paper and laid the pictures down upside down. I measured how far a part I wanted them. Marked the paper where the frames would be. 
 like this. I didn't even have to use that much wax paper.
After I marked exactly where the nails would need to go on the paper.. I was set.
I took the paper, level, hammer and nails into the bathroom. 
I taped the wax paper exactly where I needed it to hang until I got the nails in.
I also made sure to measure the length of the frames so I put them high enough that they didn't hit the towel bar.
And now... Finally! Here they are!
This turned out to be so easy! Simple. You have to try it the next time you are hanging pictures next to one another! That's all I have for today! Go get your picture hanging on!
Thanks for stopping by! :)
xoxo Jen.
Linking Up: 

6 comments:

  1. Isn't decorating your love nest just awesome? It's blowing my mind that Nick and I will be moving again soon... we've had 3 homes in less than 2.5 years, and soon to add a fourth! Nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on pinterest as well. It's nice to see someone try something they found on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tip! I make holes, spackle, paint,make more holes... (this would be SO much easier!). Have a blessed day! hugs, mb

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea, don't you just love pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip - if you're looking for something even easier to help you hang pictures without making way too many holes in the wall, check out DOT Marks the Spot - www.dotmarksthespot.com. They're these little stickers that you press onto your frame and then transfer them onto the wall exactly where your fasteners need to go. Pretty cool!

    Your bathroom looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete