Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Insta-Baby Lately

Well, this past Tuesday was 5 weeks of sweet snuggles, kisses, and smiles with our sweet baby boy! I've been absent from the blog but with good measure. I'm starting to get the hang of things and I'd say we have somewhat of a schedule going for us. Today, I decided to share some baby instagrams of late.
 If you've been wondering what I've been up to well, I just can't get enough of this little man. When he sleeps, I sometimes just like to stare at him because he's so handsome. He's like a part of me and a part of my husband. I stare at him and see both of us. 
Every day when Noland comes home from work, he holds him for an hour or longer because he hasn't seen him all day and I throw something together for dinner. The two of us are just so in love with this little fellow. Just when you think you can't love anymore, your heart grows three sizes and makes more room to love.

I always think it is funny when people ask who a baby looks like because other than particular features, you can never tell at 0-5 weeks old... or at least I can't. Our little man just looks like both of us. Sometime I look at him and think, "that is totally a Noland face" and other times I think, "he looks just like me." Today, I think his eyes are shaped like mine but he has Noland's eyes. My baby pictures look like him minus a few features. It's just so exciting every day to watch him as he grows. He's already bigger.
 His most recent appointment was on Monday. 
He is 12.44 lbs and 23.75 inches long at 5 weeks old. Crazy, huh?! He's a big boy

He loves eating, playing in his play gym, swinging in the swing, riding in the car, his pacifier, being held, waking up when he is put down, staring at mom and dad, when we hold him like he is sitting up, rocking in our rocking recliner, tummy time (he can already hold his head up and almost roll over). 
He likes to play the game where his pacifier falls out of his mouth and then he makes a little fussy noise until you put it back in. Sometimes he'll be laying in his little bouncer and it will fall on shoulder, he will make a fussy noise and try to move his shoulder to maneuver it back into his mouth. He has been unsuccessful so far but it sure is fun to watch for a second as I reach to put it back in his mouth. 
He is just so fun and we are so excited and blessed to have him in our lives! I wake up with him in the middle of the night to feed him during the week because the hubs has to wake up early for work and I'm able to nap while he naps during the day. It's actually not too bad. He probably wake up twice a night around 1-2am and 4-5am. I say that now and tonight he will probably wake up like 17 times... haha. No, but he has been a really amazing baby, such a little angel.
Alright folks, well that's all for today. Stay tuned: in the next day or 2, I'm going to be giving away 25 FREE Red Box codes to 25 different people! And more fun posts coming soon! (still waiting on newborn pictures but hopefully I'll have those soon too!)

4 comments:

  1. What an adorable little guy! I have a 15wk old and it seems like just yesterday he was that little. They grow so fast!

    http://womaninamansworl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute!!! Enjoy every precious minute!

    ReplyDelete