Pages

Friday, May 8, 2015

Survivor Second Chance

Jenna and I probably watch an hour or two of TV every night after the little guy goes to bed and before we march ourselves off to dreamland. There are about 4 or 5 shows that we watch consistently (Agents of Shield, Girl Meets World, Last Man Standing, Survivor, The Apprentice). We watch none of these shows more consistently than Survivor. This show is just so full of twists and turns and we love the drama of it all. There is very little we don't like about survivor. That being said these last few seasons, especially the last blood vs. water, have been less good. There has been less strategy. It feels like only 2 or 3 people have been playing the game lately. Last night though, Jeff threw us another curveball....

You can say you want new cast members all you want. I completely disagree with that statement. I have Crohns disease and thus no desire to get on Survivor myself. I don't want new people that play the game awful. I want returning players that are actually going to play survivor. This will give the producers time to put less annoying people on the show and not pick people like Max and Shirin. What?!?! Max and Shirin are options? Well that may not have worked well, but giving the option to the audience is a fantastic idea. Let's have people that play Survivor!!!!

The ability to pick the cast is awesome and a nice twist. I really appreciate this ability and do not take it lightly. I have been hoping for a 2nd chance survivor of some of my favorite castaways for a while now. I have decided to rank my top male and top female rankings to help you with your vote...Feel free to share your opinions on who should make it. While you can only pick 10, I decided to rank all 16.

Males

16. Max Dawson
I have zero desire to see Max again. He was not entertaining, he walked around naked, and he put a wart in the tribe's drinking water. Pass!

15. Shane Powers
Shane Powers showed his male genitals to a nurse and typed on a rock like it was a blackberry. Stupid yes, good survivor gameplay no!

14. Stephen Fishbach
Fishbach is a Survivor fanatic I will give him that, but I can't forget how he had a meltdown in the final 2 and made it so easy to vote for JT. Let's keep him a fanatic and not vote him onto the show.

13. Keith Nale
I love Keith, but he is the biggest reason the 2nd blood vs. water was so awful. The guy cost Reed the game and Reed was just starting to make moves and change the game. I can't vote for Keith to come back on Survivor.

12. Spencer Bledsoe
I wouldn't be pissed if Spencer was on the show and I was tempted to vote for him. That being said, Spencer was on the worst and most annoying tribe in Survivor history and they kept J'Tia. I cannot vote for Spencer for those reasons.

11. Brad Culpepper
When in doubt, the Gator is out! Brad loses a tie-breaker with Terry because he was a Gator.

10. Terry  Deitz
Wins a tie-breaker with Brad because he's not a Gator. Won't be disappointed if he isn't selected.

9. Andrew Savage
He was screwed over by players returning to the game. That would screw up a lot of people's games. He deserves a second chance for that alone.

8. Jim Rice
Jim was a little too vocal on his season, but he played a good game. I'd like to see him play again.

7. Jeff Varner
I probably would have voted for Jeff either way, but him playing for someone with breast cancer puts it over the top for me. When someone is playing for a good purpose or to win money for a good reason, they are easy to root for. He was also on one of the best seasons of Survivor ever and could add a lot to this cast.

6. Mike Holloway
I hope Mike wins this season and his votes do not count! However, I find that very unlikely. This guy called out the alliance and played smart, but Dan and company could not see that he was right. It probably cost him this season, but I love his hard work and his excellence in challenges.

5. Joe Anglim
Joe was the man this past season! He built the shelter and won immunity after immunity. He was seen as the threat and that knocked him out. The people seemed to love him this season though, so I am sure that he will be one to be given a second chance.

4. Jeremy Collins
Jeremy and Josh were the only people who truly were playing the game during the 2nd Blood vs. Water. Because of that he was seen as a threat. Collins though was an awesome player and I want to see him on a season with a better cast.

3. Troyzan Robertson
Oh Troyzan! I was hoping that Troyzan would be on this list. Challenge beast and person with great gameplay I loved Troyzan. If it wasn't for Colton's disastrous gameplay, Troyzan could have won this show. I would love to see what this guy does without Colton messing up his game. I absolutely expect Troyzan to be on this cast.

2. Woo Hwang
Woo was Tony's right hand man and played the game almost as well as the winner, Tony. In fact, by winning immunity in the final immunity challenge Woo decided that he would be loyal and still take Tony to the final. If not for that decision, Woo would have won the game. However, he decided to take the better player to the end. I respect that because the right person won. It was a bad survivor gameplay, but he was one of the most entertaining castaways and I can't wait to see him return.

1. Vytas Baskauskas
Vytas and his brother were voted out of the original blood vs. water because they were big threats. I absolutely hate when that happens and love when these people get a 2nd chance. This guy was the male that I was most excited to see on this list. He was a very strong player and I really want him to be one of the 10 people voted onto the show.

Females

16. Shirin Oskooi
Shirin did get better as the season went on, but please don't forget how annoying she was to start. Not only was she annoying, but she didn't really play the game. Her plea to stay in the game is that she wasn't a threat. If she isn't a threat why should she get a 2nd chance. Of all the choices for this season, I was only truly disappointed in her and Max being on the list.

15. Kimmi Kappenburg
She just seems a tad out of shape and not into it as much as the other contestants. Her video was least appealing to me and although she was in an early season, she was annoying in that season. Kimmi yelled to much and I don't really want her on this show.

14. Stephanie Valencia
"I want to erase that I was naive." Really, Stephanie? She was awful on Redemption Island and just wanted to be Russell Hantz's lap dog. How could you vote for her to be on the show. I really hope she doesn't make it either.

13. Abi-Maria Gomes
Abi-Maria was annoying on her season. She flipped out for no reason and wasn't good at the game. I am not for giving bad players 2nd chances. I want good players to return not bad ones.

12. Kass McQuillen
Kass and Tasha lose the tie-breaker because they were on the worst tribe I can remember. That brains tribe was AWFUL!!! None of them should be allowed back on this show EVER!!!

11. Tasha Fox
See the write-up for Kass.

10. Peih-Gee Law
Out of all the people eligible to be back on the show, I would be least upset with Peih-Gee not making it out of my top 10 females. I wasn't a fan of her gameplay, but at least it was better than the worst tribe ever.

9. Carolyn Rivera
Carolyn might still win this game and at this point I would pick her to win this one. She could add something to this next season of Survivor, but I wasn't super impressed with her gameplay. I vote for her over some of these others, but the girls in front of her are much better in my opinion.

8. Theresa T-Bird Cooper
Cooper looks to be in great shape despite being 56 and should add some life to this cast. She was in one of the earliest seasons of Survivor and was a great player in the game. It would be interesting to see what she could do now that she couldn't do in Season 3.

7. Kelley Wentworth
I think Kelley has a lot to offer not being with her dad. I won't be super upset if she doesn't make it, but I think she can be a difference-maker in this game.

6. Ciera Eastin
Ciera grew a lot during her season and really became one of my favorites toward the end. I like watching the people who add something to the season and Ciera absolutely did that. I would love to see Ciera back on Survivor.

5. Sabrina Thompson
Thompson came in 2nd on Survivor One World and helped turn the game in favor of the women. Sure, Colton turned it more than she did, but she was an integral part in the game turning. It will be interesting to see what she does this time around.

4. Monica Padilla
I was thrilled to see Padilla as an option for this season. She was a castaway on Russell Hantz's first season of Survivor and actually had the guts to challenge Russell. Anyone willing to challenge Russell can make for some great TV.

3. Mikayla Wingle
Mikayla was screwed over by Russell's nephew Brandon. Because Brandon was tempted by Mikayla being beautiful she got voted out. That made zero sense then and she absolutely deserves a second chance. That crazy Hantz family needs to deal with their owns temptations. Just because a girl is pretty doesn't mean they are a bad person or that they have bad intentions. Better self-control next time Brandon Hantz.

2. Natalie Tenerelli
Other than Kelly and the Top 3 males on my list I was most excited to see Natalie as a contestant to be re-entered into this game. Natalie was a great alliance member for Boston Rob and she is probably the biggest reason why Rob was so dominant in that Redemption Island season. Don't forget though that she was only 19 at the time and she made it all the way to the finals. She catches a bad rap, but she can do some special things this season. Don't be surprised if she wins this season.

1. Kelly Wiglesworth
Wigglesworth not winning to me is still the greatest travesty in Survivor. Richard Hatch is a criminal lunatic who did not play as well as Kelly. Additionally, Kelly won 4 straight immunity challenges to get to the final tribal council. When I saw she was an option she immediately became the person I most wanted to see. Add in that she is the only player available from the original Survivor and it just makes too much sense to leave her out. Kelly never had a vote against her and never had her torch extinguished. She is the ultimate person on this list and has to be on this season!

-Noland

No comments:

Post a Comment