Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

Our New "Baby Buddy"

Hey everyone, this is Jenna. Noland has been typing up posts every week for my little blog. I love that he is keeping it active because I just haven't had the time. We are so excited that a "baby buddy" is on the way! Back in December, Noland announced that I was pregnant to the Facebook world.
photo 2
And last week I was 18 weeks, I was able to get my 2nd ultrasound. This was super exciting because we could find out if it's a boy or girl. The funny thing is that Noland already had a post typed up and ready to go to share whether it is a boy or girl and I had typed one up on my phone. So I'm combining them to make it a SUPER post from both of us and intertwining our 2 separate posts together... sorry if we repeat some things but here goes...

Jenna: And so I'll reveal the news... Drum roll, please... ITS A BOY! I am so excited! I never had a preference, I just wanted a healthy baby and so far it looks like everything is going well! His name is Eli Thomas Robinson and we will call him Eli. It is special because Thomas is my grandfather's middle name but he goes by Tom. Eli will actually have the same first 2 initials to my grandpa...which is E.T. My grandpa's name is Emrys Thomas. We love my grandpa so it's awesome to give him a special little legacy. Noland Jr. was named after Noland's side of the family (obviously :)) The name "Noland" goes back at least 6 generations. We are both excited that we have special stories for how we chose our kiddos' names.

Noland: Neither of us had a clue what this bundle of joy was including Noland Jr. who referred to the baby constantly as "baby buddy." Side Note: Noland Jr. calling the baby by this name, "baby buddy" was the cutest thing we had ever seen until the gender reveal. My wonderful bosses at school agreed to let me come in 2 hours late for the big reveal. We were very excited for the big news. Jr. was probably most excited when we told him "baby buddy" was on the ultrasound screen. He said "that's baby buddy" and "baby buddy is so pretty." Can't you tell that this is going to be the best big brother ever? Anyways, after the size checks were done, it was time for the big reveal and it's another boy! There are so many advantages to another boy that we are thrilled about. Most exciting is the less than 3 year age difference between our boys. The hope and almost certainty is that they will be best buds. They will have two years together at least on sports teams in HS and, if we are really lucky, two at Florida State! We are both Noles and I am a coach so naturally I think about that. However, I am just thrilled to be having another one and can't wait to see what my kids accomplish. These kids are going to be awesome! I can't wait to see how this new boy's personality develops. Judging by our first one, he will be quite the character. Judging by Jr.'s reaction, we will be quite blessed as a family with fantastic kids. No matter how many we have and what genders we have, we know that God has truly blessed our family.

Jenna: I absolutely agree that Noland Jr is going to be such a good big brother to his little brother! I just can't wait to see him in action. It's absolutely crazy because I almost think he understands a little bit. We've been telling him that there is a baby in Mommy's belly. As Noland shared, before we went to the ultrasound, he kept calling Eli, "baby buddy." It is so funny. At the ultra sound he said, "Baby buddy, on screen." He continued to point at the screen and even said, "Baby buddy is pretty." It was the sweetest most genuine moment. Every night I ask Noland Jr for a kiss before bed and he says, "Eli kisses?" And then proceeds to pull up my shirt so he can kiss my tummy. Even today I asked for a kiss and he said "No". But then I said "Eli kisses?" And he will kiss my tummy. I'm not sure he completely understands but it seems like he does. It will be so awesome for him to have a little brother. I know they are going to be best buddies. We are just excited to grow our little family!

Noland: Eli Thomas is a name that packs a lot of punch for us. One reason is that he is named after the nicest man alive. Not only that, but he will have the same first two initials as that great man. We did change the first name though even though her grandpa goes by Tom and his middle name is Thomas. We changed the first name to give it even more meaning. You see on our first date, Jenna and I saw the Book of Eli. Eli is also a famous name in the bible. This name is perfect for this child. A fantastic name and story for a fantastic child on his way. Please welcome Eli Thomas coming in July 2015. In the meantime we will enjoy Noland Jr. going up to mommy's stomach and saying, "I love you, baby Eli". It is adorable watching him kiss that baby belly everyday and telling Eli how much he loves him and can't wait to see him. That is the best part of my day everyday. Below are pictures of Jr.'s new "baby buddy.":
photo 1 (1)
In this second picture below, I'm pretty sure that you can see his leg and his little boy part has an arrow pointing to it. Also in the bottom left, that is his head. He way laying in a silly position during the ultrasound.
photo 1

In this picture below, I'm pretty sure it is his bottom and legs.
photo 2

photo 1 (2)

photo 2 (2)
Thanks for stopping by to read our news. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Love,

Jenna & Noland

No comments:

Post a Comment