Pages

Friday, June 3, 2016

One Cable TV Househould

The Robinson household has two TVs, one in the family room and one in the boys room. Only one of those TVs has cable though. Here is why we came to that decision and why this setup is one that we plan to continue....

The number one reason we have one cable TV is to spend family time together. It is an intentional decision. We get to all watch shows together on some of the rare occurrences that we watch TV. I would much rather watch Survivor on the one TV with my family than a sporting event by myself and not spending that quality time. I am obsessed with sports and there are times I would rather watch the Lightning per say then watch a show with my family. However, we are intentional with what we watch and watch shows that everyone wants to watch. This leads to some non-preferred shows on occasion, but always something that is wanted by all.

For sporting events, I have to prioritize because of this agreement. Which is awesome because it helps me from being a hermit off in some room by myself. Rather than watching golf every weekend, I would watch the majors and just catch up with the rest of the tournaments on my own time. My prioritization comes down to FSU athletics, the Orioles, the Bucs the NBA playoffs, and the NHL playoffs. There is always an agreement that I can watch these teams/events whenever they come on. Usually I do, but occasionally I pass along to another family show. I'd rather spend time with my family or just Jenna then watch TV. She is awesome about watching the events I truly love though. It helps that we are both Seminole grads :).

Who would rather watch golf, then spend time with their family anyways? Luckily, I don't fall into that trap that could be tempting if we had two TVs hooked up to cable.

Additionally, this setup saves money. The savings are minimal. A couple bucks a month to not hook-up another TV. However, we don't have to buy an additional TV and a couple bucks add up when it is month after month. Why not save where it is easy to save. Heck, if it was not for live sports, I'd be okay with getting rid of the cable TV all together and going straight Netfllix. I need my Noles fix though. If only there was a Noles pay cable service. Then we could do that and MLB.TV save a little money and get more games.

This decision keeps the family in one room all the time and will make it easier to monitor what the kids watch. Or it keeps my wife and me in the same room and the boys together in the other as we set up their TV for a Disney movie. It is a win-win. Bye bye temptation. Bye bye excess TV watching. Bye bye loneliness and being a family recluse. Hooking up just one TV is the way to go.

Why spend time alone, when you can have all of this....




OH and by the way, my wife's bday is in 6 days. June 9th! Happy early birthday Jenna!

Come back next week for information on Disney media home runs already in 2016...
As always have a wonderful week and God bless!

-Noland

No comments:

Post a Comment